Theon Greyjoy X Stark!Reader - More than a Lady: Part 3

"Your Father told me of your decision to join him in King's Landing." You heard Theon's voice come from behind you as you sat in the Godswood and you squeezed your eyes shut. You hadn't spoken with him since your Mother had warned you against it and you were feeling rotten with every moment of forced avoidance. You had never wanted to hurt him and you had even ended up asking your Father to give him the news from Pyke, to avoid seeing the hurt in his eyes as you broke his heart. You had thought his Father's decision to refuse your marriage was cruel, but it was final and you no longer had a choice in the matter. So, you avoided him at all cost, choosing to spend more time with Arya, and even sitting in on some of Father's meetings so that Theon would not find you wandering in the otherwise empty halls of Winterfell.

It was only when he cleared his throat, now closer behind you that you realised how long you had remained silent. "I'm sorry Theon," you started softly, "I can't stay here anymore, it is not fair to either of us," you continued as you rose from the cold stone bench to walk back into the castle which would soon stop being your home. As you turned Theon stood in your way, not allowing you to pass as he watched you. He was not used to seeing you this way, withdrawn and tired, almost ill looking rather than the beautiful, happy girl he had fallen for. You were wearing a long and fitted dark green dress, much unlike the loose, old rags you would wear when you spent time with the boys. "Please move," you asked him, not raising your eyes from his feet.

"No," he spoke back softly reaching towards you only for you to flinch away from his hand, squeezing your eyes tightly shut once more as you tried to block him out. "What happened to you?" he asked as he moved back, allowing you your space. "You were so happy before all of this happened," he spoke again, attempting to keep his voice low, but failing as he grew annoyed.

"Please Theon, just leave me be," you uttered, tears brimming in your eyes as he shook his head in disbelief.

"I don't understand you," he started, "one minute you love me and would do anything to be with me, and the next a man who I can't even remember starts telling you whats right for me and you listen to him. That's not you, it never has been," he growled, his voice raising. "And now you won't even talk to me."

"I'm sorry, but this is for the best," you spoke, keeping your voice low and avoiding his piercing gaze. He started to laugh, causing you to look up at him in question.

"Don't look at me like that, you're the one being idiotic," he jibed causing you to send him a silent but harsh look. "Who is this best for, us or my Father?" he added shaking his head in your direction as you stayed quiet once more. "Your pathetic, one little bit of trouble and you bail, you go to the other side of the world and leave me here alone, and then you make me look like the bad guy for trying to talk it out. Maybe you do deserve some little royal prick," he roared at you suddenly, causing you to break into proper tears, running down your face as you moved further away from him.

"Enough," you heard from the doorway behind him. "You are a guest in my home Greyjoy, you don't speak to anyone like that, especially not my daughter," your Father spoke. "And especially when she is only doing the right thing, the honourable thing," he paused walking up to the boy and getting between you, he sounded calm but his face didn't remain that way. "She knows as well as I do that if you were to wed your father would start a war against my house, and he would disown you as quickly as he allowed you to be shipped off to live here," he told him before turning to you. "Come, leave him," he told you reaching his arm out for you to take as he moved to leave.

"I'm sorry Theon, I truly am," you uttered softly, "but I am going to King's Landing, and I will marry some southern Lord, for my houses sake and for yours," you told him before taking your Father's arm and leaving him alone in the Godswood.

*Time skip*

A few evenings later, you were leaving Winterfell for King's Landing. You were bundled into the back of a carriage with both of your sisters with your Father riding alongside it on his horse.

"Mother says you are likely to marry Loras Tyrell, or Jaime Lannister," Sansa spoke as you stared out of the window watching the frosty hills pass you by as you thought of how you would miss being in the North. You had never been as far South as King's Landing, and you were already missing Winterfell after leaving less than an hour ago. "Y/N, you never listen do you?" she spoke again, drawing your attention back to her.

"I'm sorry, I'm just tired," you told her with a small smile as you shifted to put the window out of your sights.

"She misses Theon," Arya spoke with a frown on her face, "I like him, why can't you marry him?" she asked making Sansa tut and roll her eyes.

"It isn't meant to be, he will marry a Lady from the Iron Islands and I will marry a Southerner," you told her, patting her head where she sat beside you.

"That hardly seems fair," she spoke, pushing your hand from her head.

"I know," you told her before wiping the tears from your eyes, trying to hide them from her, you pressed your eyes shut, hoping that the bumps of the King's Road would eventually rock you to sleep.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x