Willas Tyrell X Umber!Reader - Hearts don't break around here

A/N- based loosely around 'Hearts Don't Break Around Here' by Ed Sheeran because I am somewhat addicted to '÷' at the moment.

You hadn't expected to be so comfortable. You expected Willas to be grumpy and boring, as you would be if you had been left a cripple so young. But he was kind, and sweet to you beyond words. You hadn't expected to be happily cuddled into his side in your bed, his fingers dancing through your hair gently as you pressed soft kisses to his skin. But here you were, looking up at his face in adoration as he pulled you closer.

"Willas?" you whispered with a small smile, causing his hand to move down to press against your cheek as he looked into your eyes, a smile dancing across his lips.

"Yes?" he answered, his voice rough with sleep as he continued to smile, still looking upon your face kindly.

"We're in love, aren't we?" you chuckled, shifting to sit up and pulling the sheets to cover yourself as you continued to smile.

"I suppose we are, my sweet," he murmured back, allowing his fingers to play along the skin of your waist as he grinned up at you. "Does that make you happy?" he asked after a moment of silence in the bedroom.

"It does, My Lord," you answered, quickly leaning down to press your lips to his in a passionate kiss.

*Time Skip*

Sitting on the grassy lawn, surrounded by flowers, was your favourite part of living in Highgarden, after Willas of course. It truly was beautiful, and much unlike your northern home. And Willas quite enjoyed it too, watching you read in silence from a distance as he worked away, a sweet sight compared to the less than stunning Lords who would come and go from his home.

One afternoon, you were sitting in your usual spot when a shadow was cast over your book, causing you to look up suddenly, finding your husband standing above you.

"May I join you?" he uttered softly, gesturing at the ground beside you as you nodded eagerly, helping him to the ground as he set his cane down beside him. You sat in silence for a little longer before you felt something land on your head and then heard a chuckle escape Willas' lips.

You turned quickly to look at him and he smiled wider, cupping your cheeks in his hands as he pulled you closer to him. "And what is so funny?" you asked him with your brows raised.He remained quiet as he ruffled your hair, causing a few small white flowers to cascade from your head and into your lap. You giggled as you shook your head at his wide grin.

"They looked beautiful on you, My Love," he laughed as he pulled you into a light kiss.

*Time Skip*

It was not unheard of for the Tyrell's to have to host the royal family, after all, Willas' sister was to marry King Joffrey. This time was different, however, this was the first visit where Willas would be married himself, and to a Stark Bannerman's daughter at that. You were once an Umber, and it was unlikely that the Lannisters would let that information slip through their grasp too easily.

The evening that they arrived in Highgarden you held a celebration feast, inviting all of the nearby Lord's and Ladies to come and eat and drink with the King and his soon to be bride. You could feel Cersei Lannister watching you all evening, causing you to grip Willas' hand, huddled closer to his side on the bench you perched on.

You finally broke as your eyes locked onto her's, a bitter glare gracing her face as she looked down on you. You were out of your seat so suddenly that you hardly noticed it yourself until you saw Willas looking at you in confusion. "I need some air," you muttered before turning and rushing to the balcony that overlooked your beloved gardens.

You didn't want to allow her to make you feel unwelcome in your own home but she had managed it somehow, and here you were standing outside, as far from her as you could get, with tears brimming in your eyes.

"Y/N, are you alright?" Willas asked behind you, his hand coming to rest on your hip.  You quickly turned to burrow into his chest, allowing him to wrap his arms around you.

"I knew she wouldn't like me, but she's acting like this isn't my home," you mumbled into his clothing causing him to sigh as he ran his hand through your hair.

"She's wrong," Willas muttered softly, moving to press his lips to yours, "This will always be your home, no matter what that old crone has to say," he whispered, causing you to chuckle and wipe at the tears that had escaped. "Now let's go inside and prove her wrong shall we?" he asked as you nodded, trailing behind him, grasping his hand tightly.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x