Chapter 28

"Maybe home is nothing but two arms holding you tight when you're at your worst."

"What should I call you now then? James?" I asked him while we were heading back inside.

"How about Bucky?" he suggested.

To say I was jealous about him getting his name back would have been an understatement. Of course I was happy for him, but that didn't change the fact that I, as well, wanted to regain my memory about these kinds of things. Miss Darkness, Hydra's secret assassin. I hated it. I wanted my life back.

"Darkness?" I heard him shout.

"What?" I looked around, trying to figure out where the voice had come from.

"Come here, please." Ahh, living room.

I walked in to find Bucky crouched in front of the old TV, pressing random buttons. He had a slight pout on his face, which made him look like a kid, when he turned around to look at me.

"Help." He said in his fake whiny voice.

I shook my head at how dumb he was and walked over to sit down next to him, "So what's the problem?"

"How do you turn this thing on?" he raised his eyebrows slightly.

"See, we have this huge on and off button here." I teased while he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, tried that already."

I looked at him for a moment before pressing the button. And guess what happened, the TV started working.

"How did you do that?" Bucky looked at me with his mouth open and I started laughing at him.

"Magic," I said as I walked over to the remote to get the channels working.

He still looked at me in disbelief as he sat down on the couch. I flicked through the channels, not knowing what I was looking for since I hadn't seen TV in years. Finally I decided to just hand the remote to Bucky and show him how to change the channels by himself. He was really fascinated about the concept of the TV, which I found a little weird but not enough to question him about it.

I really liked that, watching TV together, I mean. It made me feel normal. We ended up watching some comedy about two cops. Well to be fair, I actually ended up falling asleep after a while.

"Calm down, Soldier." I said, while he kept scolding me over the earpiece, "I've got this!"

"Clearly, since you've already jeopardised the mission by waking someone from upstairs." he was mad.

"You really need to do something about your anger," I taunted him, "I've almost got everything from him."