Mario Götze | Lookalike

✖✖✖

A few weeks ago I noticed a little problem. Actually, maybe you wouldn't exactly call it a 'problem', it was more of an annoying...habit? Anyway, I started noticing that everyone I see or meet reminds me of someone I know or sometimes a famous person. It sounds a bit weird, and it really is annoying. It's like when walking down the street I see a guy, and think like "He looks like the cashier at that store I went to 3 years ago" and it really bugs me. Even my best friend noticed it, and sometimes she joins me in finding 'lookalikes'. Just yesterday we were in a bus, and I saw a guy that looked a lot like Mesut Özil. (And ended up staring at him so long, he probably thought I was some creep). Yikes.

"Are you even listening to me?" Mia asked me, and almost gave me a heart attack.

"Yes, yes...of course! You were talking about...uh, your brother, right?" I desperately tried to remeber what my friend was talking about, but expression on her face told me I wasn't even close.

"Sure, cause my brother looks a lot like Mario Götze."

"Mm..what? Like who? Since when?" At the mention of my favorite football player and my celebrity crush, I suddenly started paying attention to what Mia was saying.

"Ha, I knew it. And silly, I wasn't talking about my brother, I was saying that the guy by the bar looked like Mario Götze. Well, at least from behind, and a bit from the side." She squealed and I turned my head so rapidly I thought my neck will break. "Don't you think so?"

Damn.

He most definitely looked like Mario. How didn't I notice earlier? His face couldn't be seen clearly from the front, but I liked what I saw. Maybe if I stare at him long enough he will magically notice me and come to talk. Like that ever happens.

"You're too obvious." Mia scolded me. "But I understand. He's cute, you should go talk to him. And girlll, did you see that waiter over there? Yum."

"So what are you waiting for? Go order a drink and talk to him! He really seems nice." I encouraged my best friend.

"But" she pointed a finger at me "only if you go and talk to Mario's long lost twin or whoever he is. Deal?"

"Deal."

I finally started to walk towards the cute stranger when I remembered I was still in my bikini and didn't bring anything to change on the beach. Did I mention we were in a beach bar? Nevermind. I took a deep breath and gathered up the courage to say 'hi', when he turned around.

Holy shit. Actual, real, Mario Götze.

I was in shock, and probably looked like a total idiot, standing behind him like a stalker. What do I do?

Simple. Sit on the nearby chair. Make eye contact. Smile. Say hello. No one will die. At least, that was something I had in plan, until something hit me from behind, probably some stupid kid's ball, and of course-I fell.

I was expecting to feel my back on the sand in a second, but instead I was met with a too familiar pair of eyes and a concerned look.

"Are you okay, miss?"

Get yourself together, Y/N.

"Yes, uh...I think I am. Thanks for catching me."

"No problem. Have a seat, you must be dizzy, it was a pretty nasty hit."

I seated myself on a chair across Mario, holding a hand to my head where the ball hit me and asking myself one question- am I hallucinating?

He brought me a glass of cold water to freshen up a little and offered me a hand.

"We haven't met properly. I'm Mario."

"Y/N. And I know who you are."

"I would have guessed it. I saw you looking at me earlier, and the waiter kept asking me 'When are you going to buy a drink for that cute girl over there?' But I didn't really have the courage to do it, and thanks God you got hit by that ball or otherwise we'd never talk." He smiled widely, and I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Actually, I thought you were just some guy who happened to look a lot like you. Wow, that sounds weird."

"It doesn't, in fact, that happens a lot to me." Mario confessed.

"Really? It can be annoying but also funny sometimes."

"Tell me about it! Last week I was in a car with Marco and this guy was crossing the road-he looked exactly like Müller! So I yelled something at him, it was an inside joke, but when the guy turned around it wasn't Thomas at all...and he looked at me like I was mad."

He started laughing and so did I, quickly glancing at Mia who was deep in talk with the cute waiter.

"That's hilarious! I can only imagine the look on his face!" I started laughing once again and Mario grinned, but after checking his phone made a serious face.

"I am so sorry, but now I have to go training...you know how it is." I was dissapointed but still,what happened now was awesome. "But can I have your number? I have to talk to you again sometime."

My heart skipped a beat as we exchanged phones to type in our numbers. I saw that Mario saved his number as 'lookalike' and smiled, handing him his phone back.

Mario winked at me before getting up and leaving for training. Mia tapped my shoulder from behind with a big smile.

"I see it went well with the 'lookalike' then, huh?"

"Amazing. Honestly. And your waiter?"

"He's very nice, but apparently taken. Whatever. But I was thinking... when you and Mario get toghether, can you hook me up with Reus?"

✖✖✖

A/N: this one was requested by @MaleenMalik, hope you guys like it ❤ feedback is always appreciated and requests are open-so message me ❤

+ good ol' Casillas