Oscar | Dissapointment

✖✖✖

I was running towards the goal and looking around to see which one of my teammates had the ball. We were in the middle of second half time, and it was still 0-0. We were playing in the semi finals of the women's world cup and of course, this match was very important to me.

My teammate passed me the ball, and I dribbled past the player of the opposite team and managed to shoot the ball towards the goal. But unfortunately, one of their defenders blocked the shot and the ball bounced from her head towards another player of theirs and they instantly started heading towards the goal.

One of our defenders slipped just when she was about to stop the opposite player on her way to the goal, and unfortunately they scored. It was already 75th minute and we had to hurry if we wanted to score.

The rest of the game wasn't really the way we wanted it to be. We had a penalty and my teammates chose me to shoot. I missed it and it was one of the worst feelings in the world. I could give them the finals and I failed.

We have been losing concentration and will in the last few minutes, and of course the opposite team used the opportunit and scored a goal quite easily.

I was devastated, sure, the whole team was, but I had a chance for 1-1 and I missed it. The girls from the opposite team were celebrating, hugging  each other, jumping around, waving to the fans and their families. We congratulated them on a great match and with our shoulders slumped headed towards the changing room.

I knew my boyfriend Oscar was also watching the game, in fact I noticed him after missing that penalty. He gave me thumbs up, but it didn't help. I failed him. I failed my teammates and my coach. I failed all our fans.

Just before entering the tunnel Oscar got past the guards and caught up with me. He took my hand and spun me around, making me face him. But I still didn't want to look him in the eyes and see the dissapointment written all over his handsome features.

"I know what you're thinking right now. Stop." He told me with a stern tone, but his eyes were kind.

"Oscar, no. I let you all down and I have every right to hate myself right now." I was still looking anywhere but at him.

"But darling" he took my face in his hands finally making me face him, "we all know you gave your best out there. You always do and everybody knows that. You always try so hard."

"But for what? It didn't pay off now when it was the most important! Why does this always happen to me?" I started raising my voice, my sadness being replaced by anger.

"It didn't pay off on this match. Some other time it will, I promise. There are just some bad days, and there's nothing anyone can do about it."

"Why we had to have a bad day at the semi finals? We deserved to fight for that trophy! We were supposed to make everyone proud. But we did the exact opposite." I stopped yelling and looked down. Oscar kissed my forehead softly and pulled me closer.

"I'm sure everyone's proud of you, no matter what. I always am because I know what a fighter you are, Y/N. I think many people see that."

I had nothing to say anymore. I wanted to rant about the game but now it was pointless, I couldn't change anything about it. I kept my gaze still focused on the pitch.

"And" Oscar whispered with a smile, "I think I am a much better view than that plastic grass over there, but whatever you like."

I chuckled and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Ew, you're sweaty!" He squealed but I knew he was joking. "See, I made you smile."

I smiled warmly at him and pulled him in for a soft kiss.

"I love you, Oscar dos Santos."

"I love you more, my little footballer."

"I'm just going to change now and freshen up a bit and we can go home then."

He squeezed my hand quickly before letting go. "And I am going to be the best boyfriend and order us your favorite dinner, so you can relax and get your well deserved rest."

"I like the sound of that."

"And don't forget, when you win and when you lose I will always be proud of you."

✖✖✖

Anna's note: back at writing imagines! Oscar is too cute and I'm glad that blxckyouknow requested this 💙 the school started but I'll give my best to keep updating! 

+ Hazard's corner. Nice job.