Manuel Neuer | Pancakes

✖✖✖

If there was any situation I wanted to avoid today I didn't. It was one of my absolutely worst days, I was feeling bad and had a headache, my boss yelled at me at work for being late (excuse you, I was stuck in traffic) and after work it started raining like crazy, and you guessed it- I didn't have an umbrella and my new shoes were ruined. On top of it all, my close friend called me to tell me she got a new job and she was moving to Australia in a week. I was sad and frustrated and in a very, very shitty mood when I entered my apartment still soaking wet from the rain.

Thankfully I lived alone so no one would bug me and ask what has happened today and why I'm in a bad (more like terrible) mood. I took out my phone because I wanted to text my best friend Manuel to tell him I didn't want to hang out with him tonight and I just wanted to sleep.

But my phone was dead and I just wanted to throw the stupid thing across the room, but I mean you don't throw iPhones around like that. After all I did work hard for it. I decided plugging it in to charge would be a much better idea than to throw it.

I reached into my bag to take my charger but it wasn't there. I made sure to look through every pocket in the bag but the charger was nowhere to be found. I must have left it at work. Perfect.

I couldn't think straight anymore and I sat down on the couch with my head in my hands. Nothing, nothing was going right today. I let out a sob but instantly realized I was still wet and sitting on the couch, soaking the pillows as well. I couldn't care less and just sat there crying.

A knock on the door startled me and I almost fell from the couch. Unlocking the door I wasn't surprised to see Manuel standing there with a grin.

"Entshculdigung, I forgot my spare key again so I- hey, what happened?"

I let him in my apartment and looked at my reflection in the mirror, mascara running down my cheeks and disastrous hair. Ew.

"I wanted to text you to cancel our movie night but my phone was dead and I-I didn't have my charger and just..." I sighed, not wanting to continue and hung my head. "It was a horrible day altogether."

"Aww, come here." Manuel pulled me in a big hug but I hesitated because I still wasn't dry, so I gave him a quick hug which left him confused. "What was that?"

"You idiot, I need to change and dry before hugging you unless you want to get wet."

"Ok. And while you're doing it, I have a surprise for you." He winked.

I was now dressed in my comfortable sweatpants and some big t-shirt, my hair was dry and tied up in a bun. An amazing smell was coming from my kitchen and I hurried there curiously to see what Manuel was doing.

He was standing there in a white shirt that accentuated his muscles, he was humming some random tune and making...pancakes? I leaned against the wall just enjoying the view (and the smell) starting to relax.

"Oh, you're here!" He turned around surprised. "This is for you, I hope they're at least as half as good as the ones you make."

I grinned and engulfed him in a tight hug which he swiftly returned. "You're the best" I quietly told him. "And hey... is something burning?"

He let out a scream and hurried back to his pancakes almost knocking off a few things in the process. "This is your fault, miss Y/L/N! If you didn't hug me like that I wouldn't forget about your dinner."

"Wow, I'm sorry. But if you didn't hug me back like that I would have let you go to my pancakes."

"We're even then." Manuel winked at me and gave me a plate full of pancakes with Nutella and whipped cream on the side. I fought the urge to hug him again because I was protecting my pancakes. If they ended up on the floor I would have died of hunger.

"Let's have a seat now and you can tell me all about your day. And I can fight anyone you'd like, just tell me the name."

I chuckled. "Well, you could beat up my boss a little bit. He was yelling at me today for half an hour just because I was ten minutes late. And the traffic was crazy so...yeah ."

"Oh, just wait till I get him! No one can mess with my girl like that." A split second later he realized what he said and blush started creeping up his cheeks.

"Your g-girl? You mean like..."

"Scheiße. I-I mean if you don't like me back like that it-it's ok, gosh, it just slipped. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Because I do like you like that, and I like you very much."

✖✖✖

A/N: This one was requested 😊✌

+ happy James=happy me