Manuel Neuer | The worst day

✖✖✖

Shit. I winced after checking the time on my watch. If I don't hurry up I will be late, and I can't really afford being late today. I have a job interview in half an hour, I'm still getting ready and the traffic is crazy in the morning. And I needed to trip over my handbag to realize that doing my hair while running around searching for my lipstick. Oh yeah- I already applied it. This is so stressing, I really, really want to get that job, being a drama teacher has always been my dream and this interview will be incredibly important (and nerve wrecking).

Something on the mirror caught my eye-a post it note with a little message on it.

You look beautiful. -M

I took a deep breath, feeling a bit more relaxed and my lips automatically curling up in a smile. I had the best boyfriend in the world. I will have the best job in the world. Everything is going to be okay. I kept repeating it my head when I sat in the car, leaving for the school building.

Sitting on a chair in the hall in front of the door where the interview will be held, I felt my phone vibrate and saw I got a message. From Manuel.

I know you will do great, but no matter what happens I will be proud of you. Good luck, ich liebe dich ❤

I grinned like an idiot and the girl next to me gave me a confused look, but I didn't mind. I quickly typed in the reply and sent it, when the secretary called me in. Here we go.

"We will inform you if you have gotten the job after interviewing the remaining candidates. Thank you and best of luck, Mrs. Y/L/N."

Finally I got out of that small office but my heart was still pounding. The interview went well, and everything was possible now-well, at least I hoped it was. Now first a coffee, and then everything else.

When I got back home I instantly fell asleep after stressful morning. But my waking up was not very pleasant.

You have 1 unread e-mail.

I couldn't believe it. My dreams, years of working, studying, volunteering, workshops... It was for nothing. You guessed it- I didn't get the job. A lump was forming in my throat and tears started to collect in my eyes. I was devastated and curled up under a blanket just letting the tears spill.

Soon I heard a sound of footsteps indicating that Manuel has arrived.

" Y/N, I'm home!"

I didn't want to answer back due to the fact that I was still crying, but the bedroom door burst open just when I let out a quiet sob.

"Liebe, are you here? How did the interview go?"

As a response I just sniffled and clutched a tissue in my hand. Manuel lifted up my blanket with a worried look on his features. Lightly taking my hand in his bigger one he started playing with my fingers, waiting patiently for my response.

"Manuel... I failed. I didn't get the job." I croaked out. "I am such a failure."

"Liebe, I am so sorry to hear that. You deserved it, really. And don't ever say that you're a failure because you're most definitely not." He pressed a light kiss on my hand.

"But I am! Obviously, I can't even get a stupid job I've been working for forever! This is the worst day ever." Now my sadness was turning into anger towards myself, I really was a dissapointment.

"Look at me." Manuel quietly said, lifting my chin up with his hand and stroking my cheek. "You told me a million times after a bad game that you can't always win, but what matters the most is that you gave your best, even if it sometimes is not enough for victory. You should tell that to yourself sometimes as well, Y/N."

I was much calmer now, and my boyfriend was right. He leaned in and pressed his lips softly to mine as I hugged him tightly.

"You are smart, talented, hardworking and amazing! You will get that job someday, maybe even a better one. You can't give up after one 'bad game', right?"

"I guess you're right, Manu."

"Sure, aren't I always?" He smirked and I playfully punched his arm.

"Meh...not really." I made a not-impressed face but Manuel pinned me down and started tickling me. I couldn't wiggle out of his grasp and he stopped tickling me just when I was laughing so hard I thought I won't breathe anymore.

"You're the best." I told him when I regained my breath and stopped giggling, and he cuddled up to me from behind.

"You're the bestest."

"That's not even a real word. But I love you, Manuel."

"I love you too."

✖✖✖

A/N: heya! This one was requested by the wonderful neybemyneuer ❤ hope you'll like it. Enjoy,vote,send me requests

 Enjoy,vote,send me requests ❤

+ these silly ppl