Luke Shaw | Nervous

✖✖✖

"Do you think this dress is too revealing?" I asked my boyfriend, tugging on the hem of my pink dress.

"I think it's good. But if you feel uncomfortable, just change. We'll be late." Luke was becoming impatient. He was checking the time every few seconds.

"Okay, uh... And would this one be okay?" I pulled out a floral dress in a hurry, knocking over a few things. Luke quickly helped me pick it all up and nodded approvingly afterwards.

"That one looks great, baby. You put it on and I'll be waiting in the car." He left with a sweet kiss on my lips.

I changed my outfit and applied a few drops of my favorite perfume. Honestly, I was a little nervous. I was meeting Luke's parents for the first time and I wanted to make a good impression of course! So dressing up was a big issue, I didn't want to wear something too revealing or even provoking, but also I didn't want to look too formal and serious.

I opened the door of the car, sitting next to my boyfriend as he started it. After searching through my bag three times (just to be hundred percent sure) I realized I forgot to apply lipstick and I left it at home. Luke heard a gasp and quiet curse so he turned around, putting his hand on my thigh.

"What happened? Everything alright?"

"My lipstick is at home, I forgot it. It matter now, just keep driving. We're going to arrive on time for dinner and not lunch at this tempo."

"If you say so, princess." He shrugged and I made myself comfortable in the seat.

Staying calm and relaxed definitely wasn't an option for me now, I was constantly playing with my watch, ring, purse, everything. My boyfriend, naturally, noticed and let out a chuckle.

"Are you really that nervous to meet my parents, Y/N? They don't bite, I promise."

"I- I guess they don't. But Luke, what if they don't like me, what if-"

"They are not going to like you. They're going to love you! And even if they don't, that will not change anything about the way I feel towards you."

What were the odds, we have just stopped because of a red light, so I had to use the moment and kiss the man I loved beside me. We only stopped kissing when the truck behind us beeped a few times and Luke continued driving.

"I really hope you're more relaxed now. And be yourself - it's the best advice I can offer you right now."

I nodded, finally letting go of my keychain I was toying with.

"But no family meeting will ever be as epic as the day we bumped into my dad in the store. Remember that?"

"Oh dear, don't even remind me of that one, baby. I thought he was going to kill me right then and there. And when he said he was just going to check out prices of some guns I was-"

"Luke, he was joking! And every dad is like that, protective of his child. That's just what they do, and-"

"I know, Y/N, I know. And I hope I'll understand how it feels with our own daughter someday." He confessed and I gave him a warm smile as I took his hand in mine.

He suggested that we pick a bouquet of flowers on the way, for his mom, and I agreed, so we chose classic red roses. The rest of the ride went without any interesting details so let's just leave it out and skip to the moment we parked in front of Luke's parents' house. It's too late to walk away now.

I took the roses and my purse, and Luke, being a total gentleman, opened the door for me and took my hand.

"I love you. You're gonna rock this."

"I love you too." I kissed him on the cheek and saw the front door of his house being opened.

"Oh, you are here! Finally!" Luke's mom yelled and ran to hug him. It was a short hug because she was impatient to see me, I guess. Instantly she turned around and squished my cheeks. "Luke, dear, she is gorgeous!" His mom kissed my both cheeks and I gave her the roses.

"It's so nice to meet you, Mrs. Shaw. This is for you."

"Darling, they're beautiful! Thank you. Let's go inside now, lunch is almost ready."

Luke winked at me and mouthed 'I told you so', then took my hand and led me to their living room.

He introduced me to his dad and we politely shook hands before Luke's mom invited us all to sit because it was time to eat. I was sitting next to Luke and across his mother who eyed me with a smile before asking

"So, are you two planning on getting married?"

✖✖✖

A/N: hey everyone, I'm back and I brought you Luke Shaw (requested) 😉

+ ft. Mascherano and Suarez having a blast