two

a/n: okay so in this texas never happened so pls remember that lol

-

summertime, to misha, usually meant a lot of trips to the local library and shifts at the local ice cream shoppe. this year, things were different. she actually had a group of friends to hang out with.

the only issue was that four of those friends were away for a vacation. lucas and zay were in texas, smackle was in alaska, and riley was in florida for a week.

misha looked at her options, but she didn't know how to approach maya. maya was tough in ways misha wasn't used to seeing in girls her age. she didn't think they had much in common.

but then she remembered, maya loved art. she was very talented when it came to a paintbrush or pencil. misha wasn't good at art whatsoever, but she was good with words. she loved writing down what she thought and artists did the same, just visually.

sadly misha couldn't come up with anything better than that, so she gave up. she lay on her bed, legs crossed and frustrated. 

she could see farkle. he was the one who tried to converse with her the most out of the group; besides riley of course.

before she convinced herself not to, misha picked up her phone and selected the contact that read "donnie barnes."

when misha called, farkle picked up the phone after one ring. "hello mish fish," he beamed to himself. 

"hi farkle sparkle." misha tried to do the nickname thing, but farkle was obviously a lot better at it.

"wow, you should really work on my nickname mish," farkle scoffed sarcastically. she pouted, "that's not what i called you about."

on the other side of the phone, farkle was grinning like an idiot. he didn't realize he was until his mother walked in. 

"oh, sorry. is that smackle? tell her i said hello!" then she left him confused. he cleared his throat, suddenly feeling awkward. was he acting in a way that made him seem interested? why was he acting like this? he felt it was wrong of him to grin the way he did when misha called.

"farkle? you okay? you haven't responded. if i wanted to talk to myself i wouldn't ha-" misha rambling was heard through the speaker, but was soon interrupted by farkle.

"yeah, i just froze," he nervously laughed. "can you say that again?"

though farkle couldn't see the brown eyed girl, she nodded. "do you wanna come over? everyone is out of town and i'm bored." misha was laying on her stomach, kicking her legs in the air.

"yeah, i'll be over in a a few." farkle hung up and started to get ready to see misha.

the line dropped and she stood up from her spot on the mattress. using her socks as skates, misha immediately slid on the wood floor to see her father.

he was sitting at the dinner table, playing chess with misha's younger brother, miles. "dad, farkle is on his way over."

miles stood onto the bench he was sitting on before, trying to be taller than his sister. he tried to be the protective brother, but it was hard to take him too seriously because he was just barely in the fifth grade. she thought the efforts were cute of him. "okay, no funny business!" miles pointed his finger.

"no funny business," misha agreed, ruffling his hair. he tried to smooth it out but failed.

there was a knock on the door, and automatically miles ran to open it. he pushed a stool to look through the peephole. "it's not sparkle," he frowned.