fourteen--dinner

sorry for lack of updates but i've got my act together!!!

filler!

-

"hey, misha!" a voice chirped from behind the brunette as she hung around her locker. she spun on her heels and waved to will. "hey, will!"

the tall boy looked her up and down. misha felt a bit uncomfortable, but stayed put. "so, what's up? we never talk anymore," he flicked his hair over to the side. she shrugged. "i've just been busy lately," misha started to shut her locker and walk to the front of the school.

she had to meet farkle because her family, his family, and riley's family were doing a large family night together.

"with fackle?" will asked, speed walking to keep up. though will was being serious, misha laughed. "i hang out with farkle a lot, but that's not why i'm busy." his mouth was shaped like an 'o.'

misha stopped at the front of the steps. her eyes rapidly searched for the lanky boy.

"are you two a thing now?"

she turned back to will, giving him a blank stare. why was he so nosy? was he still into her?  "it's complicated," she uttered. misha knew it wasn't that complicated, she was just nervous.

the awkward silence between them grew. where was farkle when she needed him? will sighed. "well, if you two stop being complicated, i'd love to take you out." he nodded to misha and walked off.

"oh hell no," she thought. why, that when this one emotion was easy to handle, some obstacle had to get in the way?

a pair of hands landed over her eyes. "guess who." she scoffed. the hands were familiar, it was obvious who it was to her. she spent half of her times holding hands with him, how could he expect her to not guess.

"farkle, it's obvious," she pulled his hands off of her. he put her hand into his as they walked. "i know, i was just trying to do something cute and cheesy." she laughed. "you don't even have to try to be cute." farkle looked down with a small smile on his face. his cheeks blushed. they began to walk in the direction of the subway station, hands locked together.

"so, what was will mcallister doing with you?" he changed the subject to something less fun for misha to talk about. she could tell he was jealous; farkle's grip on her hand tightened when he mentioned will.

she shrugged. "i think he likes me or something, he asked me out." he scoffed, tightening his hand again. misha pulled her hand away from his and massaged it.

"please stay away from him, misha. he's not good news," farkle warned. she shook her head. "farkle, there's only one person i need to stay away from right now." he nodded hesitantly. "you should keep will at a distance, though. he's a junior with a bad reputation."

she nodded, curious about what he meant.  will seemed nice, at least to her. misha wanted to ask him, but she gave it up.

"are you nervous about tonight?" he changed the subject once the silence became awkward. misha nodded her head slightly. "i don't know why, though. i know everyone who's going to be there."

he agreed with her. eventually they reached riley's building and, to their surprise, riley was waiting for them in the lobby. "hi misha!" the brunette wrapped her arms around her friend.
riley didn't necessarily acknowledge farkle at first. after hugging misha, she lead them up to her apartment.

"my dad thought it would be weird if my mom was here, ya know, because both of your dads don't have a wife currently," riley began. "so mom took miles and auggie to topanga's right now."

misha nodded, grabbing farkle's hand. she smiled at him. they didn't move for what felt like forever. to misha, it felt as if they were talking through their eyes.

farkle's said, "i'm nervous." and misha's said, "we'll be okay."

to farkle, he thought she wanted something. her eyes looked to be yearning for something, but he didn't know what.

riley let them have their moment. she let the silence grow, until she clicked the doorknob. they pulled their hands away from each other. misha straightened out her skirt and waltzed into the familiar home.

"hi mr. matthews, hello mr. minkus!" she waved to the two fathers. "so this is the misha that farkle's been talking about," stuart minkus laughed at himself. he tried to embarrass farkle; it worked.

his face blushed a pink shade, as well as misha's. she leaned close to him and whispered, "you talk about me?"

matthews cleared his throat. "i have tacos!" he exclaimed, showing a bag from the local taco place. "yes!" misha jumped in excitement. she practically bolted over to the tacos.

"woah there, tiger," riley laughed, pulling her friend back. "wait your turn," she smiled. misha realised she was acting a bit childish so she took a deep breath.

farkle made her a plate and sat it next to his own. she sat next to the tall boy with a smile. once everyone was sat down, riley opened her mouth to speak.

"thank you, dad, for the tacos. thank you, everyone else, for being here." everyone chimed in to thank each other. it was like a weird thanksgiving to misha, so she laughed to herself. when it became silent, it was quite awkward.

"so, misha." riley said. she was seemingly the only one keeping this night from being awkward. misha hated the attention turning on her. she stopped eating to pay attention, nodding.

"what's up?"

"how come i saw you with will mccallister today?"

misha swallowed. farkle's fist clenched under the table. could they go one night without mentioning him? misha's father looked at her with an upset face. "mccallister?"

the whole table seemed to be shocked, except for riley and misha. what was wrong with will?

"what?" she shrugged. "he's a friend."

her dad shook his head. "not on my watch." matthews agreed. "misha, you need to stay away from that boy. him and his family are no good."

she sighed. "what does everyone have against the mccallister family?" farkle put a hand on misha's shoulder. "please, just listen to us. we want to protect you."

"from what?"

no one wanted to answer. it stayed silent until the front door swung open. farkle stood up and looked at topanga. "mrs. matthews, can we talk?" she nodded. farkle left the table, as well as riley and misha. the girls went to the bay window.

topanga and farkle sat together and waited. the silence was broken when topanga spoke. "what's wrong, farkle?"

"i don't know if you know this, but i really like misha. a lot."

"i've heard," the woman said with a smile. "it's just-" he started. "i'm confused. i need advice; but i don't have anyone."

"i'm honoured that you came to me, farkle. you can always come to me for this stuff," topanga said with a grin. "you've grown up a lot, you know that right?"

he nodded, blushing. "misha's just so independent and strong. it's so hard to get her to see both sides sometimes. i don't know if that even makes sense."

she smiled to the teenage boy. "you make sense. just listen to her. there are two sides to every story, farkle. listen, then talk." farkle wrapped his arms around topanga quickly.

"thank you."

"anytime."