ten--volcano

unedited.

MY NEW BOOK COFFEE NOTES IS UP BUT IS GONNA BE REGULARLY POSTED AfTEr THIS BOOK IS DONE CHECK IT OUT

--

"48, 49, 50!" riley brushed through her hair, counting after every brush. "this is the song when i'm brushing my hair," she sang. misha laughed on the spot beside her.

"what's that, what's that? do the other side? okay!" riley moved the brush to the other side of her hair. just then, maya climbed through the window. she snatched the brush out of riley's hand, throwing it out of the window.

"maya?" misha whispered, totally perplexed. "i have extra brushes," riley announced, holding up a basket. maya knocked it out of the room too. "and now they're gone!" she exclaimed.

misha looked shaken up, so riley explained the situation. "maya decided that she wanted to make lucas stop liking her by going back to her old self."

misha squinted at the two. she turned to maya. "didn't anyone tell you not to change yourself for someone else?" maya shrugged. "it doesn't matter, this is different."

she turned to riley. "and you don't care?" riley shrugged in response. "i will always support maya. i don't think it's right, but she probably doesn't like lucas anyway. i mean, i know stuff about him!" she exclaimed.

"okay rapunzel, i'm in a hurry to get to school," maya hopped up from her spot on the bay window. "that's a first," misha scoffed. "yeah, maya wouldn't say that!" riley stood up, leaving misha as the only one seated.

"i've been held back by your goody-moon-dust spell so long that i haven't done any real damage to this high school situation at all." maya frowned. so did misha. riley smiled.

"okay, then let's discuss. what kind of damage we talking about?" she stayed smiling. misha was just observing at this point. "damage," maya repeated.

riley still smiled. "i will allow you just enough freedom to," riley started. "no," maya shook her head. "for one fun-sized maya episode," riley continued.

misha jumped in. "i agree!" maya still shook her head. "ain't gonna cut it."

"well, then i will allow one medium-sized maya episode that allows me to go, 'heavens to betsy, maya. will you never learn?'" riley exclaimed loudly.

maya scoffed. "listen, petunia, i've been living life on candy cane lane the past year and i'm a pent-up, boiling cauldron of i'm-gonna-do-somethin'." she crossed her arms.

"c'mon maya! this is ridiculous. you told me you l-" misha started. she was interrupted by maya throwing herself onto misha. she practically hissed at the brown-haired girl.

maya looked up at riley and back to misha. "mama gonna do a big, bad thing." misha rolled her eyes. "well, I don't believe that you will. because riley only brought you back to exactly where we all need you to be, and she was very careful not to go too far. right, riles?"

"yeah. right maya?" riley turned to maya, but she stayed silent. "peaches?"

maya chuckled, climbing back out of the window. riley went to follow. "let me talk to her. this is mostly my fault; i need to fix it." misha got up from the floor and climbed out of the window.

she climbed down the fire escape and eventually caught up to maya. "dude, what the hell?" maya didn't look at misha.

"look at me! you're really hurting yourself for what? for riley? she doesn't even know you like him! you're an actual idiot, you know that right?" misha caught herself yelling, so she toned down.