sixteen--he likes me

(yes i'm back!! and ik its short :( but i'm gonna update tomorrow too hopefully.)

-

"it's a great day to be misha baron," the perky teen exclaimed as she arrived at the matthews's kitchen. she grabbed a cinnamon roll off of the stove and sat beside riley. "it must be; i've never seen you this smiley in the morning," topanga retorted.

riley, maya, and auggie nodded in agreement. misha ate the tasty pastry quickly. "come on folks, we've gotta head to school." she hopped out of her seat, beaming.

a concerned maya turned to riley and whispered, "is she alright?" in response, riley shrugged. the two friends had no idea what was happening.

soon, the trio was off to school. they decided not to take the subway because misha wanted to get there faster. the walk almost over, misha was rambling on about her entire weekend, which was boring for riley and maya to hear about.

eventually, maya got tired of a desultory misha. she stopped walking entirely, grabbing the brunette by the shoulders. "what is your issue today?"misha grinned bigger than before. "as you may know, i had my first kiss last week."

maya shrugged. "you're still excited about that?" in response, misha shook her head. "i'm going to have the talk with farkle today."

"the birds and the bees talk?" riley piped. maya laughed at the tall brunette and opened her mouth to talk. "no, the 'what are we' talk," misha interrupted.

riley's mouth formed the shape of an 'o.' misha nodded and carried on.
by the time misha reached the front steps, she had already lost maya and riley.

misha noticed farkle over by his locker and ran over to him immediately with a smile. he looked over at her and smiled immediately at her pure joy. "what's making you so smiley, mish?" she shrugged, becoming nervous. farkle sarcastically rolled his light eyes. he was becoming curious, "tell me."

misha took a deep breath and collected herself. farkle probably thought she was crazy; she was so excited for a little conversation that could go totally wrong. "we need to talk about us."

farkle's heart dropped. the boy immediately feared the worst. was misha moving away, or worse, ending their friendship? his head always went to the worst scenario; this time was no exception. instead of letting his worry show, he did what he did best by concealing his emotions--or at least trying to. "of course, is something wrong?"

she looked at him as his eyebrows furrowed and eyes filled with worry. misha pulled his hands into her own and took a deep breath in. "no, it's going very well actually," she reassured him. "i just want to be on the same page on what our label is."

his face softened at misha's response.

"you mean so much to me mish. i've been waiting to talk to you about this because you are the world to me," he spoke softly to the brown eyed girl. she grinned back in admiration. misha never expected to have a connection with anyone as close as hers with farkle. he was the first person to see something in her in a different way than anyone else had, ever since that faithful day at the end of their eighth grade year. farkle was the only person she had ever trusted to see who she really was.

he broke her train of thought when he confidently stated, "i want you to be my girlfriend."

it was a surreal feeling, being wanted by someone. of course misha and farkle had liked each other for a while now, but she never anticipated this. misha expected him to get tired of her, or go running back to isadora, at some point.