three

it saddened the seven friends that summer would be over after this weekend, but then they remembered it was friday. tonight was the night they'd get to go into new york city together— all farkle and misha's treat.

by that, it meant farkle paid expenses while misha came up with ideas.

they all met at riley's house, one by one, trying to squeeze into the bay window. by the time lucas got there, there was no room. "ha, poor huckleberry!" maya teased.

misha looked at maya, then to lucas. she rolled her eyes, not believing that maya still teased him after her confession. "it's time to head to the subway anyway," riley stood. she was always the one to stop awkward moments from happening.

the rest of the group followed riley out of the apartment. "this is it, we are adults," riley beamed at her friends.

maya scoffed. "just because we are going into the city at night, we are not adults. i've been going out since i was six," she told everyone.

"not on this side of town," farkle responded, smirking at misha. smackle tightened her grip around her boyfriend's waist. zay pointed his finger towards the sky, about to say something as if it were an amazing epiphany. lucas shut him up fast. "don't even start with the sky, isaiah." zay held his hands up in defense.

"guys lets just go have fun! i found this cool house of blues type of resturant in manhattan that we're going to. one last memory before high school," misha grinned, putting her hand out.

she didn't expect for people to do it on a subway, but farkle put his hand on hers. followed by riley, smackle, lucas, and zay. "c'mon peaches, just this once," riley grinned. maya put her hand on zay's.

"on three let's say-" farkle started. "cornchips!" zay exclaimed. "let's say cornchips!" everyone gave him a look. "alright, i'm hungry," he explained.

misha sighed, but not in a bad way. she was glad to have such great friends. "okay, on three. one, two," she counted.

"cornchips!" most of the group exclaimed. "cornchips!" zay yelled after the rest of the group. "guys, i thought it was after three!" he told his friends. they just shook their heads in response.

the subway finally came to the friends' stop. they tried to link arms before they realized the doors of the subway weren't wide enough for all seven of them.

the "restaurant" was very quaint and not what misha had expected. the lighting was a shade of cobalt that made everyone's stomach filled with butterflies. the music being played was nice, especially for dancing.

riley dragged lucas and maya onto the dance floor. maya groaned, knowing she was going to be a third wheel the whole night. the three danced to the music together.

"what should we do?" smackle asked. her question was mostly directed towards farkle but zay answered anyway. "i think we should eat. it's not fun to dance on an empty stomach."

misha agreed. isadora linked arms with her boyfriend and walked to the counter, zay and misha trailing behind.

there was a tension between the whole group, and misha knew she had to make the last night as summer as fun as possible. this made her stressed. farkle ordered an extra large pizza for everyone to share, and zay would've eaten all of it if farkle hadn't stopped him.

"i'm a growing boy!" isaiah protested to farkle. the two bickered for quite a while before riley came back with lucas and maya.

maya walked over to misha and grabbed her by her hoodie, pulling her away from the group. the other five friends were confused on why maya would need to talk to misha, especially if riley was there.

farkle, on the other hand, was already suspicious of misha. he knew she had a secret, especially since the last time they hung out. isadora felt jealous as she watched farkle trying to look at misha. zay and lucas were oblivious to what was happening.

"why would maya take misha away? do you think she has a secret?" riley finally spoke up, but farkle was quick to defend misha. "i'm sure she doesn't. i mean, i know misha the best out of all of us and i know she wouldn't keep secrets." when he spoke, he was mostly trying to convince himself more than riley. isadora looked down after hearing hum talk about misha, but farkle wrapped his arm around her and she looked back up to her friends.

lucas nodded his head in agreement. "you're right. and maya definitely wouldn't keep a secret from us; she know's what's best for everyone here."

riley nodded, still feeling as uneasy as the rest of them.

misha groaned after she straightened her back. "why did you drag me here?" she asked maya. "have you told anybody? like farkle?" maya tried to stay quiet. the place was loud, but she knew riley was smart enough to find a way to listen.

"about what?" misha was actually oblivious to what was happening. maya put on her biggest grin, using her stereotypical boston accent to speak. "about my little thing for mr. hahurr." misha held in her laughs. maya's voice sounded raspy and deep when she talked like that.

"no, maya. i didn't tell anyone that you have a crush on lucas. not even farkle." misha sighed; she wanted to tell farkle.

misha knew he didn't like when anyone kept secrets from their friends. "good! let's keep it that way," maya gave a small smile before exiting the bathroom.

they approached their friends with a grin. "what was that all about?" riley asked, nervously laughing. "i guess we have to tell them," maya started. misha nodded, already being relieved that maya wanted to tell the truth.

maya didn't tell the truth, though. "misha has been tutoring me so i can get better grades next year," she lied.

misha frowned, but immediately turned it into a smile. "yep, i honestly can't believe she came to me. sorry about the secret."

riley nodded, totally oblivious to the fact maya looked her in the eye and lied. for the rest of the night was hard for misha. she felt guilt; no matter how hard she's tried to ignore it.

"so, you're tutoring maya?" farkle approached her. "yep," she grinned. farkle sighed. he knew she was lying. it was dumb of her to think he wouldn't realize.

by the end of the night, the group was exhausted. they all went home for the night, mostly happy with how their last night of summer ended. misha crashed at the matthew's apartment with maya and riley, still guilty about the lies she told.

--

a/n:

this update is eight days late i am so so sorry. school started but i'm trying my hardest to work on this as much as i can. thank you for four hundred reads!!