Chapter 3

Porter's P.O.V.
---------------
I stayed at Wayne Manor with Bruce, I have to say, he's such a gentleman! We've been getting along and bonding. I've also met his butler Alfred, who is like the father I've never had.

I've never really talked about my backstory, huh?

I guess I should just start at the beginning. I was born on April 14th 1990. I'm 26 years of age, and sadly still a virgin. I just haven't found the right guy, ya know? My mom was a single mother and she basically gave me and my older brother everything she had, until the car accident. I'll never forget that day, September 24th 2001. I was 17 and my brother had recently turned 20. My brother's name is Jackson, I haven't seen him for a while. He just hasn't ever been the same after she died. A drunk driver, the police said, crashed right into her. And it's all my fault. I asked her to come pick me up from my boyfriend's house because I found him cheating on me. What was even worse, was that it was on our anniversary. I called her crying so of course she rushed over, and as she was turning a corner, the driver smashed into her. The car was totaled, and my mother was dead. I could only blame myself, cause well, I was the one to blame. I remember Jackson showing up at my boyfriends house crying, and he told me the news. I broke down, didn't speak to anyone for months. I was diagnosed with sever depression, so the docs put me on 'happy pills.' I never actually took them, they made me feel like I wasn't actually alive. I mean at the time, I didn't even want to be. Sometimes even now, I feel the same way.

Tonight, Bruce said he had a surprise for me. He told me to go out a buy a nice dress, so I bought this one:

I didn't really know what we were doing, so I bought some heels to match

I didn't really know what we were doing, so I bought some heels to match. He told me I needed to be ready by 8. So I quick jumped in the shower. Once I hopped out I did my make up, simple stuff like mascara and eyeliner. Nothing to fancy, I don't often wear much make up. I put my hair in a nice updo that looked a little like this:

With everything finished, I strapped on my heels and went down the grand staircase leading to the front door

With everything finished, I strapped on my heels and went down the grand staircase leading to the front door. "My, don't you look gorgeous dear?" Bruce said, looking at me with wide eyes. "Well you don't look too bad yourself, handsome!" I exclaimed. He was wearing a expensive looking suit, and yes indeed, looked hotter than ever. I grinned at him, most likely looking like a doof. He chuckled at me, "Shall we?" he asked holding out his arm. I looped our arms together and we heading out to his fancy black car. I obviously don't know much about cars so I'm just gonna say it was niiiiice. He opened the door for me like the gentleman he is and I thanked him. He made his way over to the driver's side and we were off.

Bruce's P.O.V.
--------------
Could this girl be any more attractive?!? I mean c'mon I was practically swooning! I almost didn't hear her when she softly asked, "Um, Bruce? Where are we going?" "It's a surprise, I promise you'll love it!" I said happily. She smirked at me and shook her head, "Alright then."

(Magical Magic Time Skip... cause magic)

Porter's P.O.V.
--------------
I was nervous as we pulled up to a building that seemed to be hosting some fancy event that I was most likely underdressed for. Not to mention, it was freezing! I think Bruce noticed this cause he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me next to him. He looked down at me slyly, "Hiya." He nearly whispered. We reached the doors of the large building. Bruce opened the doors with his arm still wrapped around me. 'Well, here goes nothing," I thought. We walked through the huge doors, he took me to a freakin ball?!? I looked at him shocked, "Surprise!" He said. I hugged him tightly, burying my face to hide my embarrassment. I laughed lightly, I put my chin on his chest and looked up at him, "Ya know you could have told me." I was still giggling slightly. "Yeah but where's the fun in that?" He said smirking down towards me. He looked back up, I'm guessing he saw someone he knew cause he grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him to a couple, "Hey Bruce! Long time no see!" a man with a suit on that looked almost as expensive as Bruce's, "Hey Harvey, how's it been?" "Oh you know, this one's always keeping me busy." He nodded to the girl, practically attached to his hip. She giggled, "Harvey!" Bruce chuckled lightly, then looked down at me. I was looking around the room, uninterested in the conversation, I was busy looking at the golden decorations delicately placed around the open area. It was truly beautiful. "Care to dance, dear?" Bruce asked me. I smiled at him, "I'm not much of a dancer..." I trailed off. "I'm sure you'll do fine." Bruce said reassuring me. "Ok I guess" I said following him to the middle of the dance floor. He gently placed his hands around my waist and I put my arms around his shoulders. We gracefully moved around the dance floor in a comfortable silence, never breaking eye contact. I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face, and I didn't even want to. We stopped briefly as Bruce took my face in his hands, he leaned down and... kissed me!! Bruce Wayne just kissed me! I was in shock for only a few moments as I kissed him back. We broke apart at the sound of a gunshot. He was back. Maybe he was here to finish the job...

A/N: Whew that took a while, +1000 words!!! Hope you enjoy! Please make sure to vote, love you all
-S