Chapter 6

Porter's P.O.V.
---------------
After the little 'incident', Joker brought me to his car, a purple Vaydor. "Where are we going?" I asked cautiously, "Somewhere." He giggled his answer. I swear most of the time he sounds like a five year old, "You'll know when we get there."

(Time skip, cause who wants to read about them sitting in a car in an awkward silence? Oh wait you just did)

We pulled up to the front of Wayne Bank, "Doll, I need you to be a distraction." The employees were just getting there, they weren't even open yet, "What do I have to do?" "Walk in and pretend your hurt or something." he answered. "Ok-" before I could finish he cut me off, "I swear doll, if you try anything funny, I will kill everyone you love." He said angrily. "Too bad they're already dead." I answered blankly. Well, except Jackson, but even I didn't know where he was. "You have a point, but I'm sure I could find someone." He said, I'm sure he was regarding to Bruce. I didn't love him, but I did care about him. Of course he knew that.

Joker's P.O.V.
--------------
I didn't want to threaten her, for whatever unknown reason, but I knew I couldn't let her just go in without a warning. I may car-, no, no I don't. She opened the door and made her way into the building, holding her stomach and crying in pain. Damn, she's a good actress. When the employees saw her, the immediately unlocked the doors and let her in. So far so good. Me and my boys stormed into the building and grabbed as much money as we could. As I assumed Batsy showed up, but he froze. He was staring at her. Why?

Bruce's P.O.V.
--------------
She was here. Porter! I wanted to call out to her, but obviously she didn't know I was the Batman. I noticed my staring and brought my attention back to the Joker. I needed to take him down.

Porter's P.O.V.
--------------
Batman was staring. At me? Suddenly he looked back at Joker, coming after him. "Well doll, I think this is our cue!" he smiled his signature smile, one that belonged in a child's nightmare. Knowing I had no other choice, I quickly followed after him. We made it to the car before Batman could reach us, soon we were zooming off to the warehouse, at least until we noticed Batman wasn't far behind. "Damnit" Joker mumbled. We continued swerving our way throughout the cars and various road we were speeding through, well beyond the limit. I was holding on the seat, like my life depended on it, even though it probably did. While almost diving off a bridge in the process, we managed to loose Batman, we made it back to the warehouse without a hitch. As we walked in the door, Joker pinned me to a wall. I looked up at him, with shock in my eyes, "You did good doll, I'm proud." "Um, thanks." I said, still unsure of why it was necessary to pin me to a wall to tell me that. He nodded at me then walked away, closing the door to his office as he entered. "Well alright then." I whispered to myself. I went back to Harley's old room and laid down on the bed. I guess I could call this my room, seeing as Harley no longer stays here. Before I knew it I was drifting off to sleep.

'I was running, from what I don't know, I could hear my heart pounding in my ears, I was filled with a fear, which was indescribable. I fell forwards, blacking out. When I came to, I was tied to a chair in a dark, dirty room. "Hello?" I asked loudly. "Hello, dear. I am truly sorry I have to do this, but it seems there is no other way." a voice says, coming from the other side of the room. "Do what? What are you talking about?!" I asked, I felt that fear, brewing inside of me. "Let me ask, what are you most afraid of?" the voice asked again. A man stepped from the shadows. Jonathan Crane. I knew that voice, Jonathan Crane, otherwise know as Scarecrow. "What did you do to me?!" I screamed. That fear shit he claimed to be working on, did he use it on me?! "Oh, dear. Now I know, your afraid of him. Aren't you?" He asked. My dad, he was talking about my dad. As if on cue, he appeared. "Pathetic, weak, useless! It's all your fault!" Crane started to laugh when I screamed, "Get away from me! Get away! Your not real!" My father repeated, "It's all your fault! It's all your fault! Your faultfaultfaultfault!" He repeated it over and over again. My head was pounding, I thought it was going to explode. Then I heard my name.'

('this means dream fyi')

I woke up to someone shaking me. My vision was blurry from the tears I was crying, more like sobbing. My vision cleared slightly to show a worried Joker who was saying my name and asking things like, "What's wrong" and "Why are you crying, it's only a dream" But it didn't feel like one, that felt incredibly real. What is happening to me?

Joker's P.O.V.
--------------
I was in my office, working on a plan to rob a bank, when I heard screaming. When I stepped out into the hallway, I realized it was coming from Porter's room. I ran in there and saw her thrashing around the bed. She was having a nightmare and a bad one at that. I made my way to the side of her bed and put my hands on her shoulders. She started to scream things like "What did you do to me" and "Get away your not real" What the hell was she dreaming about? I yelled her name, and after a few attempts to wake her, she opened her eyes, still sobbing. I pulled her into my chest and softly stroked her long brown hair. "What was your dream about?" I asked quietly. Her breaths were shaky and tears were still pouring down her face. Seeing her like this, only made me hold onto her tighter and help to rub the tears away, "Doll, it's okay, it was just a nightmare." But from the looks of it, it seemed more like a memory. Could it have been?

Before realizing how exhausted we both were, she fell asleep in my arms, and me soon after.

My last thought before I drifted off was that she made me feel human, not like the monster everyone claims I am.

A/N: Hello there, I attempted to post this earlier. Ya know, I never realized how busy my life is until I started writing fanfic. But whateves, anything for you guys <3. Don't forget to vote! I love you all!
-S