zero :: awkward

zero :: awkward

"Dane broke up with me over a text"

               The words came out of my mouth before I realized that I said them aloud, my best friend Danika bolted upright in her chair. "He what?!" she said, her face showed shock then turned into anger. I hadn't expected that my sudden situation would truly shocked her.

               "I said, he broke up with me over a text" I repeated, turning my attention back to my phone.

                Its screen showed the hurtful words that my boyfriend Dane wrote, saying that he couldn’t continue our relationship anymore. I slumped down on the seat next to Danika, iPhone in my right hand. I hadn’t realized that our relationship would end like this, I wasn’t delusional or anything, I just wasn’t expecting him to dump me over a text was all. And what sort of a person does that? Didn't I deserved a lot better than this simple text that meant words that could actually hurt my feelings? 

                “He broke up with you over a text? What a douche, who does he think he is? Mr Player who goes around breaking girls’ hearts?”

                 I turned around to look at her, her brown shiny hair was pulled into a tight ponytail, lips thinned in anger. “What, don’t tell me you agree with him breaking up with you Leona? If I was you, I would have texted him back and say “You’re a douche bag” and anyway, what kind of a guy does that?” that had exactly what I was thinking in the first place.

                 My mind wandered off slightly, half listening to my best friend talk about my break-up. I wondered what put my boyfriend off, was it because I said the love word or was it because I couldn’t give him something he wanted? I knew that the guy had needs, but since I was the only girl in school for being a virgin, I couldn’t exactly tell my boyfriend that I had never had sex before. Not over my dead body. And how humiliating was that? Trying to tell your own boyfriend that you had never intercourse with anyone; sexually anyway. Anyway, wasn't the S word meant to be special? Not some one night stand or something that you had to do to make someone happy? In spite of the ugly truth, I knew I just couldn't tell Dane I was still keeping my innocence. Though the latter would be the fine answer right now, but here I was, in my school lunch break mourning about Dane for breaking up with me. 

                "Leona, did you hear me?" Danika's voice perked up, intruding my thoughts. She looked a little annoyed, staring at me with an impassive look in her face. "I've been talking for ages now and it seems like you weren't listening to me"

                 I ran a hand through my red hair, trying to pull myself together. "I'm sorry, Dan. My mind just wandered off you know, about Dane." I said, apologizing.

                 She sighed dramatically, shooting me a look. That was my best friend, she liked to make things more dramatic than it should. But I love her all the same, I chucked my phone into my bag and turned my head around. A guy with jet black hair was standing by the windows talking to one of the blonde bimbos, his hand curled around the girl's curvy hips. It was the one and only Henry Phillips. Best known as the bad boy and a Casanova in Eastview high, his reputation was known as the guy who collects girls' virginity.

                But how could he not be called that? Every girl in school wanted him, and every each of them were so easy to get. I know, tragic right? Imagine women being so easy, and while the guys were like "Who should I hump today?" Henry had that bad boy looks as well, He works out all the time, lifting them weights that was what he does. I could see the broadness of his shoulders through the black shirt he was wearing, I could have guessed that he had abs too. Yes, I stalk hot guys in my school, especially him. No big deal. Okay, it is sort of a big deal.