two :: detention

two :: detention

After a painful half an hour of sitting with Henry Phillips; especially when all he talked about is how he imagined me being all naked or rather, wearing sexy dresses for him. The thought of me wearing barely nothing sent a disgusting feeling inside me, especially when it was a Casanova imagining it.

The bell rang and not only I was glad to go, I was itching to get away from this guy. I gathered my books and stuffed them back into my bag, and slung it over my shoulder. I was a few feet away from the door when Cawke called out, "Miss. Goodman, I wonder where you going?"

Oh, bummer! I completely forgot about the detention. I spun around to see balding Cawke staring at me with a disapproval look on his face. "Nowhere, Mr. Cawke. I, uh, I was just about to go to the toilet" I sucked at lying, and I could tell Cawke and Henry knew it too.

Behind Cawke, Henry shook his head sadly, the corner of lips tilted. When he noticed me looking, he winked at me. I turned my head back to Cawke, trying to hide my heated face, the thought of me saying "the toilet" got me thinking of what happened to Henry and that bimbo girl. I shook the idea away.

"Now, I need you two to listen carefully. I'll assign you Miss. Goodman into separating some of the paper works while you Mr. Phillips," Cawke turned around to look at Mr. Casanova. "Will be dusting the tables and cleaning the floor, understood?"

It was my turn to smirk, behind Cawke I could see Henry looking annoyed. He wasn't happy with the idea of him cleaning and getting dirty on the floor, the idea of him getting his fancy clothes dirty brought a smile on my face. It was payback time.

Cawke handed out mops and duster to Henry while he led me to his desk, and instructed me to pile the useful paper works together. We soon got on with our jobs while balding Cawke stood by the door, as if we were planning to leave as soon as he step away from that damn door. I also noticed him looking at his watch every now and then.

Henry must have noticed it too because he said, "You go on ahead, Mr. Cawke. Leona and I will take care of this while you're gone" I knew he was planning something wicked, something evil, I must say.

Cawke eyed us suspiciously, as if trying to figure out what scheme we were planning if he were to go. He sighed, and looked at his watch once more and turned to us. "You two better not be talking while I'm gone. I'll only be gone for a few minutes then I'll be back" he stormed out of the room before we even managed to nod.

I stared after him for a little longer than I should have until Henry spoke, "So, were alone" he leaned the mop on the wall and sat his butt on one of the tables before propping his feet on the other wooden table. The sight of him looking so cocky and arrogant sent an irritation in me, "Do your work. Cawke said he'll be back in just a moment"

Henry smiled, enjoying my irritation. "I bet his "just a moment" will take an hour or so," he said this with such surety, it only added up to my annoyance. "And were alone" he repeated.

I glanced up, and noticed him looking at me with that mischief glint in his eyes. He was planning something I wouldn't like. "Why do you keep staring?" I asked, feeling uncomfortable under his observing gaze.

He flopped to his feet, and walked over Cawke's desk. He leaned forward, making me inched a little farther away from him. His face was so close, I could tell the strong bridge of his straight nose. It had a little scar running by the bridge of his nose, and there was a series of freckles running across his cheekbones. It nearly sent me into a fit of giggles, the freckles gave him a boyish cute look. Wait-what? Who said something about him being cute? I felt my neck warmed up but I ignored it, continuing my observation as if I were a scientist.