eleven :: embarrassment

"Is that an erotic Romance book I see in your bag?" Henry asked, as he looped a finger inside my bag. I frowned and swatted at his hand before he could touch anything.

"What are you doing?" I said, hotly. I felt blotches of red stained my cheeks as I pushed his hand away. I hadn't realized I brought the book with me. It was one of my favorite Romance novels, Hard To Love, and it was anything but erotic. Although, the opening started out with the guy being a porn star and having an erection for-

I saw a flash of dark hair shook, interrupting my thoughts. Henry chuckled under his breath, "What?" I asked, annoyed and embarrassed at the same time. His shoulders were now shaking and even though I didn't hear him laugh, I knew he was making fun of me silently.

"I never picture as a prude, sweetheart" he said, between laughs. I would have found his laugh cute if it weren't for the fact that he was mocking me. 

"I am not a prude!" I hissed under my breath. I looked at Cawke's balding head, hoping he wouldn't hear a thing we were saying. He had ears the size of a pan, and it wasn't always safe to talk about such things in his company. A girl like me didn't know how much to say under his presence. 

"Oh, yes you are. Definitely, a prude" he clarified, nodding his head as if agreeing to himself quitely. 

 "I. Am. Not. Some. Prude" I said between gritted teeth, 

"Yes. You. Are. Leona's a prude, Leona's a prude" he said as if it was his mantra and not to mention he said it a little too loudly.

"Stop it! Cawke's going to hear us!" I said, and nudged him in the shoulder. 

"Why not hear us? I mean, it's not like he's not a man right? I'm sure he's a prude too" Henry grinned and wiggled his eyebrows at me. I couldn't help but laugh at his ridiculousness.

"You're a jerk, you know that?" I said, playfully. 

His green eyes glinted, "I know you love me secretly, sweetheart. You're just damn too stubborn to admit it" 

"You're unbelievable!" I said, exasperated. 

He grinned, and before I knew it, Henry grabbed my bag and took the Romance book out of my bag. He flipped a few pages before I managed to recover from my shock, he was already on the second page before I could grip his hands and demand he give the book back to me.

"He had an four hour erection?" Henry muttered, a frown creased his eyebrows together.

Now, my face was flaring widly. "Give me that!" I demanded, and placed both of my hands on top of his and grasped the book and pulled forward. He didn't give away, but only tightened his hold. I was so close to him, I could feel his minty breath on my cheek. 

"Henry, let go! Cawke's going to see us" I whispered, still playing tug-of-war with him.

"What would I get if I did?" he challenged, his voice now turned into playfull and mischievous.

"Nothing, you big wuss!"

"Oh, you did not call me that. Take that back straightaway, woman!"

"No. You're a big wuss, Henry Phillips" I repeated but this time, I included his full name.

"Take it back, Leona Goodman. Or I'll demand my boyfriendly-rights" he threatened, a smirk curling at the side of his lips.

"No, not unless you let go" I said, stubbornly.

Without a warning from him, he placed his warm, calloused hand on my thigh. I jumped slightly in my seat and a sqeak escaped my lips. Heads turned to my direction, even the bald one. I smiled apologetically, praying Cawke wouldn't notice what was going on under my desk.

"Is something the matter, Miss. Goodman?" Cawke: my chemistry teacher, asked. He looked at under his black-rimmed glasses, I squirmed under my seat as Henry's hand travelled south on my thigh. I was in the urge of punching him if it weren't for Cawke's meaningful look. 

"N-no, not at all, Mr. C-Cawke" I stuttered, adjusting my sitting position. 

"I see that you're stuttering, Miss. Goodman" Cawke observed, and I swallowed nervously. I knew we were going to be in trouble if he see Henry's hand on my thigh, I wouldn't risk that chance when my skin was at risk. 

Sweat broke in my forehead, I was finding it hard to speak while the jerk's hand worked even lower. What a long arm he has, I thought. "Y-yes, Mr. Cawke"

"And I wonder why that must be" he replied, striding towards my way. I slid down in my seat a little, so he wouldn't see me turn my head towards Henry's direction. "Get your hand off me. Now" I said, grinding my teeth harder.

"And miss all the fun? No thanks" the asshole replied, and continued his journey down my leg. His wandering hand suddenly stopped, so it was placed on my shaking knee. "You're shaking, sweetheart" he observed.

"You asshole, take your hand off me. Cawke's going to see us!" I urged and I noticed our chemistry teacher coming even more closer.

"Did you say something, Miss. Goodman?" Cawke asked, now standing before me. Up this close, his head even looked more uglier than I thought it would. Not that I'd thought about it much. 

"Nothing, Mr. Cawke. I didn't say anything" I said, thankful that I'd had gotten my voice back.

"Now, I seem to understand what's the matter here. Mr. Phillips, please take your hand off Miss. Goodman's knee" he said, turning his attention to the jerk beside me.

Henry smiled, "I just righted Leona's knee, sir. She seemed to be shaking," the class laughed. 

A blush creeped up my neck, and then up to my cheeks. I was blushing furiously, Cawke spoke before I could hiss at the jerk, "I see." 

No, you don't see, I thought. I huffed under my breath, and kept my head lowered. "I don't what games you two are playing, but I tell you to stop now. Mr. Phillips and Miss. Goodman. And I suggest you take your own sweet time when you're not at school. This is not some love show," Cawke said and walked back to his desk and pulled out a fresh new sheet of blue slips.

Great, another detention with Mr. Bad Boy.

Hey Guys! I'm so sorry for the late update. It's just I was having trouble writing lately and a minor writer's block. But hope you guys like this chapter even though it's short. I'll try to make the next chapter longer and thank y'all for your support. I really do appreciate it and please do comment and vote if you like this story. It would be great if you check out my new book The Dangerous Love Affair and enjoy! xx

Unedited.