fifteen :: good girl gone bad

I didn't know whether I should call the situation I was in serendipity. Or maybe, I was just out of luck. Maybe the latter would definitely suit my position right now, given the circumstances of Henry's arm propped on the dashboard while he leaned closely to me. So close that I could see the gold bit on his green eyes which I had never noticed before. And did I mention the dangerous, sparkly glint in his eyes? The way it glinted in mischief whenever he was planning on something treacherous And the undying smirk that seemed to be always stuck on his annoyingly gorgeous lips? 

Nevertheless, I didn't think anyone could help me at my sudden situation. I squirmed under his green gaze, trying not to touch any part of his body. His body. I shouldn't even be thinking of his beautiful, well-sculpted greek body while I was basically jammed between his car door and his body. It was bad enough that he was glaring at me as if I had something on my face that he seemed to find so amusing. 

"H-Henry, you s-should put some distance between us" I stammered and I cursed myself for uttering broken words out. I was back to stuttering again, and it seemed like I only do it when Henry Phillips was around, looking at me with such intense and mischief gleam in his green forest-like eyes. 

"Why? Afraid I'd kiss you, Leona?" he teased, his voice had come out soft and feathery. And I couldn't stop my eyes from looking down to stare at his mouth. Oh help. Someone shoot me right now, because dear goodness, the only thing that I wanted to do right now was to feel the pressure of his red lips against mine. Whether it would taste good as I had always predicted which made me lie awake in bed, daydreaming about those pair of lips. 

Was I'd gone crazy?

"N-no. I just couldn't concentrate with you being so close" I admitted, trying not to get him under my skin. Which didn't seem to work since he was now truly getting my skin and not only that, but also my nerves. By the time this was over, I would make a mental note to kill this guy later. If I ever could make it whole if I didn't come up with some bizarre and exotic way to make an escape later.

"Couldn't concentrate huh? How about a little kiss on the cheek, would that make you get back on track?" he offered, his voice had gone even more softer if that was even possible and he stared down. I didn't have to look where his gaze had settled, because I had a feeling that it was on my lips. 

"No! I'mnotreadyneedmypemfmph" The proper sentence was stuck in my throat and it had come out as a muffled noise instead. I wondered if he thought I didn't speak English, or let alone make a proper error-free grammatical paragraph. 

And the worst thing was that I had said I needed my peppermint when I had thought he was going to actually kiss me. 

"What? Did you say you need your peppermint?" Henry chuckled, his eyes wrinkled at the side. I was making a fool of myself. No, I was humiliating myself in front of a good-looking guy. Who happened to be my chemistry partner and my co-parenting with Tom-the-egg. 

Yes! The egg, Tom. 

That seemed like the safe topic to talk about now.

"How's the er, egg? I mean, Tom" I said, trying to change the subject so he could forget about my embarrassing moment with him knowing I said I needed my peppermint. I had thought he was actually going to make his threat come true and that might even make me lie in bed thinking of what could have been. But I had always kept a box of peppermint in my school bag. But the dang thing was at home. Out of my fracking reach right now. 

"The egg?" he asked, a startled expression on his face. Then it lit up in recognition and grinned, "You mean Tom-the-egg? Our egg-son's doing just fine, thanks to its daddy" he said proudly. I could've laughed if it weren't for the fact that I was still sandwiched between him and his car door. Which put me in a very uncomfortable position. With my hands placed at either side of the door, and my knees drawn up to my chin. I freaking look like a scaredy-cat. Or maybe even worst.

Je t'aimeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें