Peculiarity Lessons

Recap: Mi Thomason is 16 and arrived at the loop with Horace. They were introduced to the other Peculiars and Mi now shares a room with Bronwyn.

3rd person POV
Over the years at the loop, Mi learned how to use her peculiarity. She learned how to change her eye color, hair length, height, her whole appearance except her hair color. Her hair color always depended on her mood. She figured out:
Angry-Red
Scared-Pink
Confused: Purple
Sad: Blue
Embarrassed: Orange
Sick: Green
Happy: Yellow
Calm: Black (her actual hair color)

Each day, to exercise her peculiarity, she would change her appearance to something different. Barely anybody remembered what Mi really looked like.

-----------------
(1 year later)
"Good Morning!!!!" Shouted Bronwyn. "Wakey wakey! Time to face the day! We have peculiarity classes today! Remember?"
---
Peculiarity classes are when Miss P helps you control your peculiarity better. She comes up with particular exercises for everybody.

Bronwyn, Victor, and Abe usually learn to wrestle or learn self defense (because they can't bring a wight for Abe, he does self defense).

Millard usually does track and field exercises or gets special Peculiar history lessons.

Enoch learns pottery and how to make things quickly.

Olive tries to control her levitating. She doesn't usually improve though. Miss P is still trying to find a new exercise.

Claire usually gets "therapy sessions" so that she's not embarrassed to eat with everybody else.

Emma creates images out of her fire.

Hugh commands his bees into making different shapes.

Fiona grows giant plants and flowers.

Horace also gets "therapy/counseling" to try and control and remember his dreams.

Mi is given portraits of people and must change into that person.
---
"...remember?"

"Oh yeah!"

Mi rushed out of her room to the bathroom. She showered and put her long, (just for today) black hair up in a bun and raced to breakfast.

"Good morning, Miss Thomason," greeted Miss P.

"Good morning, headmistress."

On the table was the biggest buffet Mi had ever seen.

"Wow! This looks so good!!!" Exclaimed Mi.

Horace strolled in, chuckling. "That's what you say everyday, Mi."

"Well it's true!"

Mi lived food. She loved smelling it, looking at it, eating it, etc... She loves food. Mi put one of everything on her plate and poured syrup all over it.

"Woah there, Mi." Said Bronwyn sitting next to her. "Maybe a little less syrup next time?"

"NEVER! Syrup shall prevail!" Said Mi. Sometimes Mi would say the most random things. "I will never give up on you, syrup. Never. You are my precious. My precious..."

Everybody stared at Mi. Mi looked up from her food to see everyone looking at her.

"What? Aren't you guys used to me yet?"
(I may or may not have based Mi on myself. :) I spend half my life fangirling. I spend another half being serious. And another half making no sense at all 😝)
------------------
(At the peculiarity lesson)

"Alright Miss Thomason. Are you ready?"

"Yes, Headmistress."

"I will reveal several portraits to you at once, after I pull the cloth down," explained Miss P, gesturing to the wall. "You will go to the wall and take down a portrait, morph into that person, then go to the next one. See how many you an do in 15 seconds. Ready?"

Mi nodded.

Miss P took out her pocket watch and pulled the cloth down, revealing many portraits.

"Go!"

"Go!"

After 15 seconds, Mi had changed into 7 different people. A new record for her! Mi panted heavily before Miss P came over to congratulate her.

"Congratulations Miss Thomason! That's a new record! You should be proud of yourself! You're improving!"

Mi threw an unenthusiastic fist into the air. "yay." Mi thanked Miss P before going up to her room.

"Hey Mi!" Yelled Bronwyn. "How did you do- Oh! Are you ok?"

Mi nodded. "Yeah. Just tired."

"Oh alright. I'll let you sleep. See ya!"

Mi opened her door.

"Hello Mi." Said Horace.

"Oh no. Why can't I just sleep?" Thought Mi.

"Yeah?" Mi asked, irritably. "What do you want?"

"Sorry. Just saying hi," said Horace, taken aback.

Mi sighed, "Sorry Horace. I'm just tired. I'll talk to you at dinner okay?"

Horace nodded. "Have a good rest."

Mi made it into her room. Finally. She was out the moment her head hit the pillow.

(School got busier. Sadly. So I can't update as often. ☹️ but I'll try. 😊 Anyway, you got to see a new part of Mi's personality. I might be adding in other fandom references here and there throughout my story. Be watchful for them. Bye!)