The Present: Part 1

Hey guys! I changed my story just a TINY bit. In an earlier chapter Peculiarity Lessons I had said that it was five years later. I've changed it to one year later. You'll see why as you read this chapter. You also might notice that this chapter is longer than my usual ones. It's cause I typed this one of my laptop instead of using my iPod. It's so much easier this way...

This chapter idea was given to me by GGirlGem . Thank you!

Recap of "Yelling and Food": Mi is doing Enoch's dishes.

Mi POV

Horace, Abe, Victor, Emma, and I were in the laying on the floor in the sitting room. We were in a circle with all of our heads meeting in the middle. *Like how they always show friendship in TV shows*

"Hey, guys! I'm bored," said Victor. "We need to do something exciting."

I thought for a few seconds. "Raid the village?"

"No no. Something new!"

"Like...?" Said Emma.

"I don't know. You're the creative one!"

"Oh! Gee thanks! 😊 but really, I don't know of anything new to do." she replied.

"The only new thing would be to check the present. But you know we can't do that," Said Abe.

"Haha," I said sarcastically. "Yeah. Tonight, let's go sneak out of the loop to see the present world. Good one, Abe."

Victor sat up. "Wait a minute. Let's do that,"

"Are you crazy?!" exclaimed Horace, sitting up. "Go out to the present? Do you have a death wish? You'll age forward! All of us will!"

"Not by much," said Victor. "You only got here a year ago. If YOU aged forward, you'd only be 17. I've been here only six months longer than you. It's not much of a difference. Sure, it might be a bit tiring, but we won't change that much."

"Are you suggesting that we actually go out there and age forward to lead normal lives?" asked Emma.

"No, just seeing what's going on out there. Is the war over yet? Who's in control of the country? Are we still being hunted down? I'm only saying the worst thing that could happen would be us only aging one year. Nothing bad, really."

"The bird would have a break down," said Horace.

"Yeah," I said. "If we were to go out and come back without her knowing, we'd never be let out of her sight again."

"I'd be able to join the army," whispered Abe to himself.

"What?" asked Emma.

"Nothing," Abe said. "Uhh. But I mean, Victor has a point. If we were to leave, no major change would happen to us."

"Are you actually encouraging him?" asked Emma.

"Well..."

"I can't believe you!"

Emma took Abe by the collar of his shirt and dragged him out of the room. Good luck, Abe. You'll need it.

"So..." I started.

"Let's just say that we were going out of the loop. OK?" asked Horace. "What are you going to do?"

Victor thought a moment. "Well, there are many things we could do. Steal a newspaper, look around, talk to some of the locals, "

"Stop right there! You're thinking about talking to the locals? Really? You know why we can't do that," I said.

"Why?"