The Present: Part 2

Recap of The Present: Part 1: They were talking about leaving the loop to see what's going on in the present. Abe convinced Miss Peregrine to let him leave the loop for America. At night, Victor left the loop. Mi, Horace, Enoch, Abe, and Emma went out of the loop to find him.

Mi POV

Wow. So this is the present... I looked around modern day Carinholm (Just making this modern day stuff up). Giant build boards sprouting from the ground with smiling people saying weird catchphrases like "I love my white, shiny teeth because they look like pearls!" and "Look out! Black Friday is coming!" What's "Black Friday"? We looked around, taking in the modern world and all it's glory. Even though it's dark out, we still see the bright lights of the new city and we  hear all the cars lined up on strips of ...concrete? What do those green, yellow, and red lights mean?

"Guys? Does anyone know what year it is?" I asked.

"It should be 2016," answered Horace.

"Wow..."

"Wait a minute!" said Enoch. "We came here to find Victor. Not just look at the present,"

"Yeah," said Emma. "Enoch's right- wait... woah... Enoch was right about something..."

Enoch swatted Emma on the arm as we all chuckled.

"Alright, everybody. Operation "Find Victor and Bring Him Back to the Loop Safely Without Being Eaten or Killed or Aging Forward and then Making Him Do our Chores For Us Because He Made Us Worry and Come and Find Him in the Present" is now underway!" I announced.

Everybody stared at me. Abe said, "Wait- what? Never mind. Let's just find Victor and bring him back to the loop quickly. Now, if I were Victor, where would I go?"

We all looked at each other and nodded before running. We found a glass stand with a map in it.

"Ok, let's split up," said Horace.

"What?! You know that the people who split up end up dying, right?" Said Enoch.

We stared at him.

"I read, you know."

"Anyway..." Said Horace. "Victor probably would've gone to a restaurant for new food. So, who wants to go to, uh... KFC?"

(Let's pretend that these restaurants and the places are still open late at night, ok?)

"Me and Abe," said Emma. Abe took a small map from the little pocket of the stand and they headed north to the nearest KFC.
As they walked away, you could hear Emma saying,"What's KFC?"

"Kentucky friend chicken?"

"Ok, how about the three of us go check McDonalds?" I said.

"No, I'm ok," said Enoch. "I don't want to see any clowns. The logo picture is enough for me. I'll go look at... In and Out."

I shrugged. He took a map and went off to In and Out. Me and Horace took a map and searched for McDonalds.

Hey guys! School's out and I've got more chapters for you! I am writing multiple part chapters right now and I'll publish them once all are completed. Happy holidays!