Yelling and Food

Recap of "It's ok to be proud": Enoch sang. Everyone was shocked cause he was actually pretty good. Mi is sad cause she doesn't want to do dishes.

Mi POV

💤😴💤😴💤😴💤😴💤😴💤😴

"WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!" Shouted Bronwyn.

"Huh? WHA?!?!" I fell out of bed. Not one of my best moments.

Bronwyn picked me up and carried me downstairs slung over her shoulders.

"Miss Bruntley, I thought we talked about this," said Miss P, pinching her nose. "No more picking up Miss Thomason and carrying her downstairs. It's not rude and not proper."

"It's alright, Headmistress. Really," I said. Bronwyn shot me a smile. "I mean, I don't mind. Less work for me. Do you know how hard it is to get down stairs? It takes just so much EFFORT..."

Bronwyn rolled her eyes.

Miss P sighed. "Time to eat! We just need to wait for Enoch."

I looked over at Claire and Olive and gave them a thumbs up.

"ENOCHHHHH!!!!!!!!" They shouted together. We had been practicing this for special occasions. "HURRY UP! WE WANT TO EAT!!!!"

"Quiet, girls! It's impolite to yell across the-"

"SHUT UP! I'M COMING!"

"... House," finished Miss P. She walked out of the room to take a breather.

Everyone laughed and the room became silent as Enoch entered. I ran in front of him, turned to the table and announced," I present to you, ENOCH O'CONNOR! Winner of the bet! Please stand up and let him take his first choice of seating!"

Everyone stood up and clapped while stepping back from the table, except for Olive who was strapped to her chair.

Enoch awkwardly shuffled in with his hands in his pockets, not used to the positive attention from the people he's been living with for a hundred years.

Enoch POV

Are these really the people from my loop? They are acting so nice. Were they always this nice? Is it just me shutting them out?... No. I'm not shutting them out. It's their fault. They're just being nice cause I won.

Wait. I won. I. WON. I WON! I WON THE BET!!! Oh! My! Bird!

"Uhh, guys? Is it just me, or is Enoch smiling?!" Exclaimed Millard.

I grinned around the table.

"Now he's grinning while LOOKING AT US! Hide! An apocalypse!" Shouted Horace. He and Millard ducked down under the table yelling.

I laughed and looked at Mi. "You," I said, pointing at her. "Have to do my dishes!"

Mi rolled her eyes and sighed. "Ok, guys. He's normal. Don't worry, no apocalypse."

Horace and Millard stopped yelling and crawled out from under the table. "... Oh."

Miss P came back in and said,"Alright, children. Time to eat."

Mi POV

FOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!! 🍎🍎🍊🍊🍉🍉🍌🍌🍓🍓🍗🍖🍤🍳☕️🍵🍪🍽🍴

*a lot of eating later...

"Time to go out!" Said Miss P. We moved to leave. "Wait." We stopped. "Do the dishes,"

"Isn't that Mi's job?"
"Yeah, she lost the bet."
"We didn't bet anything."

"Now now", interrupted Miss P. "Mi only has to do her own and Enoch's. That's all she bet on. The rest of you still have to do your own dishes. Enoch, you may go."

Enoch left and I waited in line for the sink. Do I have a betting problem? Am I irrational sometimes? No, that can't be it. That would be absurd.

"Mi," said Horace. "Your turn,"

"Thanks,"

"Also, I think tyou do have a minor betting problem. And yes, you are irrational. "

"Gee, thanks." I said.

"Quite often,"

Me: 😑
Horace: 😃🎩