Chapter 29 -Will I See You Soon?

I sigh, releasing my grip on her waist. She looks up at me. Obviously confused, she scrunches her eyebrows together in that adorable way she does.

"That doesn't sound very enthusiastic," she observes. "Do you not want-"

"Stop it," I cut her off. I cup her face with both my hands and look her right in the eyes. God, she's so beautiful. "Don't even go there. There is nothing in this world I want more than you. Nothing. You hear me?" She nods.

Her blue grey eyes glisten with unshed tears. "But?"

I swallow loudly, afraid of what I'm about to say but know I have to. "But I need to know you want me too."

"I just said I-"

"I know what you said, Lyn. But if you come back I have to know that you trust me. I have to know that you believe we can be the same Marcel and Lyn we were before. Do you?"

She looks away. Of course. I knew it wouldn't be easy. We've been at it for weeks until we finally broke up.

That's because we lost ourselves in the lies Ariel created. And that's all they were. Lies. As soon as we both accept that, the sooner we both can move forward but I can't do that if she still looks at me like I cheated on her when I didn't. And has feelings for another guy.

"It's not that easy. I can't just forget about everything that happened these past months."

"I can," I argue. "The reason I left you last night was because I thought the best thing to do was to give you space and time to think. But we've had enough of that, Lyn. None of it really matters. What matters is us. Right here, right now."

She shakes her head. "Would you look at it from my point of view? I thought you cheated on me. And while I was trying to figure out if I should've forgiven you I find out you're a father-"

"I'm not."

"I thought you were. And you thought you were and you hid it from me. Don't you see? That wasn't Ariel. That was you. You lied to me about something as important as that even if you weren't really the father. And that's why it's not so easy to just trust you again."

"Now hold on right there. I was going to tell you as soon as I found out. Your 'bestie' was the one who basically told me I would ruin your life if I did. I never lied to you, Lyn."

She shakes her head again. I take a step back. "What are we doing?" I run my hand across my face.

"I didn't come here to fight with you. I came to fight for you."

"I'm not pushing you away, Lyn. I just want you to be sure. I want this behind us. God, I miss you so much."

She steps forward and wraps her arms around me. "I miss you too. Can I just.... stay here tonight?" She mumbles against my chest.

I hold her tightly. "Anytime you want." Kissing the top of her head, I lead her to the couch. I play a movie and grab some chips and soda from the kitchen. She snuggles against my chest and eventually that's how we fell asleep.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Evelyn

Quiet conversation is what I wake up to. That and the smell of something delicious. I lazily open my eyes and I'm hit with a familiar feeling. I'm​ in his bedroom - was 'our' bedroom before I moved out. But now it's just Marcel's. The bed feels the same, smells like him. He hasn't changed a thing in the bedroom, I observe.

The realisation that I'm in his bed quickly jerks me upright. I peek under the sheets. Nope. Still dressed though I somehow ended up in his T-shirt. I don't know why I feel a little disappointed about that.