Chapter 1- I'm Not Letting You Go

Marcel

I stare at the slim figure of the girl I love pacing around the room.

She's on the phone with her mother while she throws her things from the closet to the suitcases on our bed. Her long brown hair lands just above her lower back. Right where the dimples are. She often wears it loose because I had told her that I liked it that way.

I find myself smiling at the thought.

Then I snap back to reality when I remember that she's packing up to leave me. I groan in pain and anger. Anger at myself for being so stupid to let the one thing I love the most in the world go. As if she hears me she turns around and looks at me. Her beautiful blue eyes lock with mine and it's at that moment I realize that I really can't let her leave.

I didn't want her to at first but now I just...can't.

She sees the hesitation in my eyes. "Mom, I'll talk to you when I get there," she says into the phone then hangs up.

An awkward silence hangs over us. We speak without words. That's how we usually did before all this mess and we're doing it at this moment.

She sighs and finally speaks. "No," answering an unspoken question in my head.

"Please," I reply.

She shakes her head, closing her suitcases. I block the door, figuring my muscular build and height can do the job. "I'm not letting you go."

"Get out of the way, Marcel." She drags her suitcases to the floor, pulling up the handles.

"Lyn, we were almost back to where we were before all of this. Don't give up on us now."

"Yes, I thought we were. But all this time you've still been in contact with that bitch."

"I honestly haven't. Baby, I swear."

"I don't know if I can trust you again, Marcel."

"We can fix this. We can-"

"If you want this to be fixed then get out of my way and let me go. Give me time to fix myself first. If I stay here it'll only get worse. We'll be so broken they'll be nothing left to fix."

Her words make sense to me. I have to take the chance and let get go if I truly want her back. Which I do.

I run my hand through my hair. Hesitantly, I step aside and let her go.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Four hours later, I sit at Ruby's drinking my head off like a fish. It's not something I normally do but what the hell. Nothing that's happened in the past two months has been normal. I replay the whole thing in my head over and over again. I don't want to but mistakes have a way of doing reruns in one's head.

It all started two months ago.

I went to a high school reunion party. My douchebag friends had me downing shots all over because of a stupid bet I lost back in high school. I couldn't bow out. I wasn't one to go back on my word.

Besides I didn't think anything bad would happen.

Then I saw her.

After an uncountable number of shots, I went to sit on the balcony outside to sober up. But even after eight years, Ariel Evans still managed to make a guy unable to do so. The tall slim figure of my high school sweetheart made her way over to me. The cool air suddenly became warm and my mind was clouded with memories of me and her back in high school. I completely forgot the present.

I forgot Evelyn. I must have because that's the only way I'd be able to cheat on her.

"Still afraid of a little alcohol, Marcel?" Her voice was still as angelic as ever. Her light green eyes still sparked when she smiled at me. And her blonde hair that was gathered up in a messy bun highlighted them.

"Can you blame me? That stuff messes with your head. Those guys are still as crazy as they were back in high school."

She let out a light laugh and closed the space between us. Suddenly, I forgot how to breathe. She was just inches away from me, breathing on my neck and making me victim to one of the tricks of her charms.

The next thing I knew I was back inside the party with her and my friends, dancing and drinking even more.

The following morning I woke up in bed all wrapped up with someone who I thought was Evelyn. A voice had awoken me.

"What is it, Lyn?" I asked, eyes still closed.

"Who's Lyn?"

"Ariel?" I jumped up from the bed only to notice my manhood jumping around with me. I grabbed the covers and wrapped them around me. "What the hell happened?"

"Some girl called asking for you. What's wrong with you?"

"Oh no, oh no, oh no."

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"Cel!" Lee snaps his fingers before my face, bringing me back to the present. "Dude, you've been out for like-"

"Fifteen minutes," the red haired bartender finishes.

"Oh. Sorry, man."

"What's up?" Lee asks. "It's never a good sign if you're at a bar." He sits on a stool next to me.

There's genuine concern in his eyes for me. There always is when situations are bad. That's why Lee is my best friend. Has been since middle school. In high school I was the quarterback and he was the Math geek. Not a typical high school pair but nevertheless we were inseparable.

"Not here." I leave a tip on the bar counter and get up to leave. Lee and I head to the park off Farleigh Drive.

Our favorite place since childhood is this park. The one Lee's father used to take us to after my parents died. Some drunk driver ran them off a bridge. But nothing came out of it 'cause the guy was filthy rich. They just swept it under the mat and forgot about it. I could hardly cope without them but Lee's family was there for me through it all.

The minute he notices where we're​ going he knows​ it's serious. This is my safe zone. Where I go to get away from everything.

"It's Lyn, isn't it? What happened?" Lee could always tell what's on my mind.

As we take our seats on an old bench, I tell him. "She's gone."

"She won't get over it for now, Cel. As much as it wasn't your fault-"

"Ariel is pregnant. She sent me two messages yesterday but thankfully Lyn only saw the one that said Ariel wanted to meet up to talk. She thought we were still.... hooking up... so she left."

Lee's eyes practically bulge.

"Say something," I plead with him. "You always know what to say."

"Not now, bro. Not now."

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Share your thoughts! Comment, vote, share. :)

Love

TT