Chapter 11 - I Have To Tell Her

Marcel

I groan and turn uncomfortably. I open my eyes and let them adjust to the bright light coming through the windows. It takes me a minute to figure out where I am.

Vanessa's house.

And this would be the room where Evelyn usually stays in when she's here. That explains why I chose this room to crash. I look at my watch - it's six thirty three in the morning. Fairly early and I'm​ pretty sure Lee and Vanessa are still in bed.

You know what they say about make up sex.

I think about getting up but decide against it. Being here feels​ like being close to Lyn. It's like I can feel her. It isn't weird at all, I used to have this feeling all the time around her. Then I realise why I have​ that feeling when I see her dragging two suitcases into the room then hopping onto the bed.

Wait. What?

"Evelyn?" I whisper. She jumps at the sound of my voice. "Evelyn," I say, louder this time. Surer.

"Marcel. Uh...what....how... What are you doing here?" She stumbles over the words.

"I've been here since last night. Lee wanted to talk to Nessa about....some things and I thought I'd come along. Get out of the house," I explain.

"They needed to talk and you thought you should come along?"

The real reason I came along was because I'm a big part of what they needed to talk about. I should say that. Tell her why I want to meet with her. Tell her that I'm having a baby with another woman.

But I don't.

I can't.

Lee was so wrong. This isn't difficult in person.

It is freakin' impossible.

"Uh...yea. Lee needed me," I lie.

"Oh." She nods. She stands next to her bed with her arms wrapped around herself and I know immediately that I'm making her uncomfortable. How am I suppose to talk to her when she can't even stand being around me?

"Lyn-"

"Is Vanessa awake? I tried her cell all morning but...maybe I should go-" she interrupts.

"Lyn-"

"Doesn't Lee have work anyway? We should wake them and-"

"Lyn, please." I close the distance between us with two big steps. Standing this close to her- breathing her air- makes​ me pause for a minute. I hate seeing her like this- hugging herself like she's​ trying to hold herself together.

Like she's broken.

I slowly take one of her hands, expecting her to pull away but she doesn't. I take​ the other one and hold them in both my hands. "Lyn, look at me. Please?"

She hesitates but then her bright blue-grey eyes meet mine. It literally knocks the breath out of me. "Marcel, don't," she says as she pulls away. Hugging herself again.

"You're right. I'm sorry. I shouldn't-" Her soft lips crash against mine suddenly, preventing me from finishing what I was about to say. Preventing me from thinking clearly.

I don't want to think clearly. I pull her by her waist, closer to me- as close as is possible. Her hands move to my neck, up to my hair. Our lips move in a familiar rhythm. A rhythm that is ours. One that I missed so badly that it can't be put into​ words. If I hadn't been so consumed by our kiss I would stop to pinch myself to check if this is real.