L'Oréal Revitalift Bright Reveal

I received this item free of charge for testing purposes in exchange for my honest review.

After starting this Wattpad story I registered it with an influencer network and quickly received an offer of product in exchange for a review. Of course I said yes, but have to admit I was a bit disappointed to receive skincare from a drugstore brand. 

I was totally wrong to be disappointed, because this line is actually pretty great (and I'm not just saying that because they sent me free stuff)

I'm usually a huge snob about this stuff. *HUGE* snob. I know it's wrong, but I tend to be susceptible to thinking that something more expensive is going to work better. I don't think I've bought skincare from anywhere but Sephora since they first launched in Canada, but it seems drugstore brands have drastically improved since the last time I checked them out. 

The whole collection contains glycolic acid, which is a chemical exfoliant to help remove dead skin and improve tone and texture. There are 4 items in this line, an exfoliating cleanser, daily peel pads, day moisturizer with SPF and a nighttime dual moisturizer/serum. 

The cleanser was probably my least favorite of the collection. It's a bit too gritty, similar to St Ives apricot scrub. I found it a bit rough on my skin, especially in the morning where it left my face feeling warm and red - which isn't the best way to start the day. Though unlike other cleansers, it didn't leave my skin feeling dry and tight. 

The daily peel pads are a good toner. I like that they're pre-soaked and easy to use and aren't too harsh. 

The daily moisturizer is SPF 30 - which is really important when you're using any type of chemical exfoliants since it makes your skin more sensitive to the sun. This was a good moisturizer that absorbed quickly into my skin and wasn't greasy at all. 

The nighttime moisturizer/serum duo was my favorite by far. A recent addition to my nighttime routine in the past year has been the cult favorite Sunday Riley Good Genes. It's an amazing nighttime treatment that makes my skin feel smooth, clear and bright - but the downside is that it just stinks. To me, it smells like a cross between sour milk and wet dog - but I still put it on my face almost every night because it just makes my skin look so good. It gets rid of any dry patches of skin and makes my skin feel extremely soft and moisturized. This L'Oréal overnight moisturizer is a good dupe for Good Genes and is less than 20% of the price. It's not quite as strong, but that's good because Sunday Riley's product is a bit harsh for every night use. 

Overall, I was pretty impressed with this line, and would definitely buy the nighttime moisturizer again and maybe I'll try more drugstore products for the next thing I run out of.