Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

I just got back from the most amazing trip. I spent 2 weeks lying on beaches, drinking wine, eating fresh seafood, and swimming in the Adriatic sea on the coast of Croatia. And then I had a shock to my system when I came home to Canada and the seasons had changed while I was away. 

Going from the summer weather to fall, combined with all the recycled air in the planes, left me with a horrible cold. After going through a box of tissues a day I've been left with with dry, red, chapped, peeling skin all around my nose. The only thing that works on my post-cold skin, has always been Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. 

The name is a bit of a misnomer as it's definitely not a cream but more of a thick gel balm

The name is a bit of a misnomer as it's definitely not a cream but more of a thick gel balm. It's similar to vaseline in texture and ingredients but also  packed with vitamin e and essential oils. It definitely has a scent, but it's not artificial. It has an herbal scent from the oils used and smells like a more pleasant version of a citronella candle. 

I first encountered it through my Grandmother who lived in Spain. When we'd visit her for the summer it was her fix-all for everything. Sunburn, bug bites, scraped knee - she'd get out her Elizabeth Arden cream to cure it. She'd always leave a tube when she'd visit us here and I'd go through it in the rest of the year.

I find it too heavy to use in the summer, but in the winter it's great on wind chapped skin and lips, and it's the perfect thing for curing the irritation caused by using so many tissues. If you visit their website though, they sound like my Grandmother citing it as the cure to anything you might encounter. 

It's $29.00 in Canada, but for some reason this product is a regular in Winners stores (the Canadian equivalent of TJ Maxx) and often marked down.