31. Making Her Smile

CHAPTER - 31

MAKING HER SMILE

"Which of these?" Andy asked with a huge grin covering his face.

I stared ridiculously at the t-shirts in his either hands as he waved these clothing items in front of me. "None of them," I replied and turned my back towards him to exit from the room where he and Farah, the makeup artist, had been torturing me for the last one hour.

"But why?" Farah asked in a loud voice.

Not even two hours had passed since we settled in this five star hotel and I was already feeling hell tired. Thanks to Andy and Farah.

Sighing heavily, I ran my fingers through my hair to control my temper. Once I thought I had succeeded, I turned around to look at them. Both of them were looking at me with huge eyes and slightly parted lips. They looked like they could not believe that I loathed the clothes they had presented to me in the last hour. Honestly, there was nothing surprising here.

"What makes you think that I would want to wear any of these?" I asked with a bored tone.

Andy audibly gasped at my question and looked at me with much wider eyes, if that was even possible. 'Well, because they are of your favorite color - pink and its family shades," he answered, motioning towards the piles of clothes that were now scattered everywhere in his room.

"That is the damn problem. They are either pink or something horribly related to it," I told him in a bit louder voice. The last one hour had taken a toll on me. Suddenly, his entire sentence registered in my mind and asked, "Wait! Pink? My favorite color? Who the f*ck told you that?" My voice and expressions were the perfect examples of shock and ridiculousness.

"Kimberly," Andy answered plainly.

Hearing this, a smile threatened to erupt on my face and to cover it up; I ran my hand through my face. "Of course, she did," I mumbled, lightly chuckling at the end.

"Did I just hear someone saying my name in their prayers?" I heard her voice from behind me. I turned around and gave her the best glare I could give while doing my best to not smile at her.

Her expressions changed like a perfect power point presentation as she slowly took in the entire scene in front of her. The grinning face with which she had entered in the room changed to that of slight confusion when she looked at me glaring at her; this confusion changed to narrowed eyes as she slowly moved her head around the room to see the scattered pile of different shades of pink; the narrowed eyes soon converted to huge eyes and tightly closed lips when she understood what the entire issue was all about; it was like she wanted to laugh out loudly but definitely controlled herself in front of Andy and Farah; she looked back at me and grinned sheepishly while scratching right behind her right ear.

Just as I opened my mouth to question her, she brought both her palms in front of her eyes and shouted dramatically while trying to hide behind her palms, "Oh God! My eyes! Save my eyes from exploding! Oh! No! This will make me suffer from Pink-pneumonia." She was acting perfectly like a person who had been living in a dark room for ten years and is suddenly made to face a lot of lights.

A chuckle escaped my lips and ordered her, "Cut the act!"

Slowly, she removed her palms from over her eyes and peeked at me. When she noticed the little smile that had managed to make a comeback on my face, she removed her hands entirely and grinned at me.

"Care to explain?" I asked, motioning towards the clothes. In response, she opened and closed her mouth several times but failed to answer in a sensible way. I sighed and told her, "Forget it!"