34. Best Left Unsaid

CHAPTER - 34

BEST LEFT UNSAID

"I'm never drinking again!"

A chuckle escaped my lips as Lee's pissed off voice reached my ears for the nth time since we woke up. I shook my head at my friend but I, myself, felt the after effects of drinking whole night as my head started spinning. Soon, I was also the one to groan in pain. "F*ck!"

"I'm never entering anybody's room at night," Adam grumbled from the couch where he had been sprawled since last night.

That had both Lee and me laughing, but we couldn't expand our teasing much as we were suffering from the hangover. This is what you get after a night of drinking and lots of drinking.

"This story would be the highlight of your existence," I informed Adam as I stood up to take a pain killer that had the capability of ailing the severe headache magically. Yeah? Bullsh*t! Yet, I gave it a try and gulped down the medicine. "And, would be narrated to all your coming generations." I added.

"F*ck off!" Adam hissed which changed to a groan. I just turned and grinned at my best friend.

Lee wiggled his eyebrows at Adam and said, "Wish I had recorded it. It was priceless." We both laughed as he said this and high fived each other.

"Real mature, both of you." Adam snorted as he caught the pain killer I had thrown towards him. "If it was any of you instead of me, you'd have reacted the same way," he said with the sternest expressions he could muster to bring on his face that time, but there was an underlying begging tone in his voice. He, for sure, didn't want us to tell about this incident to anyone, especially Autumn, his girlfriend.

Lee and I chuckled at his helplessness and muttered at the same time, "Keep telling yourself that."

For a moment, he narrowed his eyes at me which just made both of us laugh harder. Eventually, when he realized that it was of no use at all, he rolled his eyes and gulped the pain killer. On cue, my phone beeped indicating arrival of a message and I grabbed my phone from the coffee table. The message was from Andy, asking me to reach the restaurant downstairs in an hour as the interview was to be conducted. I replied back to him confirming that I'd be there.

I stretched my body and told my friends, "I've an interview to give. See you guys later!" Both of them were too busy holding their heads and groaning that they probably didn't hear me.

But I was proved wrong when Adam muttered, "F*ck off."

And, Lee finished his sentence, "With Adam."

"No thanks!" I laughed and headed towards the bathroom. Adam and Lee's fights could be heard from inside the bathroom as they both shouted curses at each other and as Adam told Lee that he wasn't interested in fulfilling Lee's fantasy of watching a boy and boy action. I just shook my head at them and got busy with my daily morning routines.

In an hour, I was walking towards the elevator to go to my destination. The headache was still there. But, it had surpassed the stage of complaining. As I entered the elevator, my mind drifted to last night, everything that had happened last night.

When Adam had started screaming in terror that he had just seen a ghost in my room, Lee had sprinted towards him to tell him that the white ghost was actually Kim. Once again, it was just Kim and me in my room amidst the weird silence; the silence she broke by saying, "I better meet Adam and calm him down."

I was not the one to stop her, I was too tongue tied to say anything to her. Wrapping my head around the things that had happened and could have happened if we had not been interrupted was almost impossible. She didn't look at my face even once. In fact, she looked anywhere but me. I was thankful for that. Just like that, she went out of my room and I had not seen her since then. She must have met Adam and shown him that it was just her because when he came back, he looked less scared and sh*t embarrassed.