Chapter 7

unknown number: i have her. if you want her back come to yorktown. i'm waiting.

Maria. He has Maria. Alexander sat up suddenly.

"I have to go." He said quickly, getting up and running outside into the rain.

Thomas sat on their bed. Alexander had left his phone in their room. Thomas looked at the text. He sprung out of bed. He ran outside but Alexander was already long gone. He ran to his car and started driving to Yorktown. Alex couldn't have gotten far could he. Thomas was panicking. His hands were shaking. If it was Reynolds who sent that message Alex would no doubt be hurt... or worse.

It was pouring by the time Thomas reached Yorktown it was pouring. He drove slowly, scanning the streets, looking for any sign of Alexander. He got out of the car to look through a few of the allys. He was about to give up. He could just be paranoid and Alex could be fine. Then, out of the corner of his eye he saw a body, at the end of the ally. No... He rushed over. It was Alexander, a pool of blood surrounded his body. Thomas was shaking. No no no no.... He put his head on Alex's chest. His heart was still beating. Thomas carefully picked him up. He didn't even think of calling an ambulance. He laid Alex down across the back seats. He drove slow enough to not hurt Alexander any more.

They arrived at the hospital. Thomas carefully picked Alex back up, carrying him in. A nurse noticed them walking in and immediately ran to get a bed to transfer Alexander to the emergency room. Thomas was told to wait in the waiting room. A doctor came in to ask Thomas a few questions then left.

Thomas was told he could come in to see Alexander what felt like nearly a day later. Thomas couldn't tell. He had been staring at the floor the whole time. He cried for a long time. A little girl, the only other person in the waiting room, had come to comfort him.

~~~~~

"Why are you crying mister?" A faint voice said. Thomas looked over to a little girl, about 7, who sat beside him. She wore a light pink dress and held a white stuffed bunny in one arm. She was also bald, like Thomas. Thomas wiped the tears from his eyes.

"It's nothing darling." He said, forcing a small smile.

"I don't believe you." The girl said, pouting.

How the hell was he supposed to tell this little girl that is boyfriend is probably going to die. That he got stabbed.

Thomas looked down. "My friend... My boyfriend got stabbed... I don't know if he's going to live..." Thomas was crying again.

The girl hugged Thomas. "He'll be ok." She said. She sounded so sure of herself that Thomas nearly believed her.

"Thank you." Thomas said.

"Nina?" A nurse said, coming into the room. "Time for your check up dear."

The girl smiled. "Ok. Goodbye umm.."

"Thomas."

"Oh! Ok! Goodbye Thomas!" She smiled and waved to Thomas as she skipped out of the room with the nurse.

~~~~~

Thomas stood up and followed the doctor to Alexander's room. Alex was lying limply on the hospital bed. He looked up at Thomas, wincing in pain. Thomas kneeled beside Alexander, despite the fact that there were chairs.

"Alexander..." Thomas started. "You're alive..."

Alex smiled weakly. "Yeah..."

Thomas kissed Alex lightly. She was right.

"I'm sorry Thomas..." Alex mumbled.

"You have nothing to be sorry for Alexander." Thomas said, kissing Alex again.

Throughout the rest of the day all of Alexander's friends came in to see him. Thomas left them, staying in the waiting room. James and his girlfriend even came down from Canada to see him. Nina came back to the waiting room and talked with Thomas again. Apparently Nina also had cancer. She was at the hospital because her caretaker was dying... Nina wouldn't have a place to stay after her treatment was over and she'd be sent to a foster home. Thomas figured out where she'd be sent from her nurse.

~~~~~~~~~~

Late that night, once everyone had come and gone to see Alex, Thomas went back to his room. Alex smiled when he saw Thomas. He looked so tired... Thomas pulled up a chair and sat beside the bed. He held Alexander's hand.

"I love you." Thomas whispered, kissing Alexander's forehead.

Alex simply smiled. He fell asleep soon after then and Thomas drove back to their campus. He couldn't sleep for the rest of the night. It felt strange without Alex. He stared at the ceiling. He's fine.

Note: I has did it! This what the fruking most annoying chapter to write but I fruking did it!!! Yay!!!