Chapter 17

Alexander's POV

"How about this one?!" Thomas says in a cheery tone, walking out of the changing room wearing a dark magenta suit.

I smile, going over and kissing his cheek. "You look fabulous dear."

He really does look amazing... but I'm getting really tired of all this shopping we've been doing. First food then decorations then cake now suits. This wedding stuff is tiring... Not that I'm not excited. I'm honestly still not sure if I'm dreaming or not.

Thomas is bouncing in excitement. "Oh I can't wait! This is going to be so perfect!" Thomas says, beaming. He hugs me tight.

"Could you try to calm down Thomas... people are staring..." I say nervously.

Thomas let's me go, sighing. "If people want to stare let them. They can finally see what a happy couple looks like." He says with a smirk, kissing me quickly and going back into the changing room.

I sit back down, smiling softly. I glance back at me to see most of the people who were standing there and saw us frowning. Except for two younger looking girls, holding hands. They both smiled, one of them giving me a thumbs up. I return the smile, mouthing 'Thank you'.

Thomas walks out after a couple minutes, holding both of our suits in his arms. He leans down, kissing my head.

We purchase the suits and head home.

I fall back onto our couch, closing my eyes. Thomas leans down, kissing me.

"Tired?" He asks.

I nod, opening my eyes slightly.

He smiles, picking me up and sitting me on his lap. I kiss him lightly, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I love you." Thomas says, kissing my neck.

"I love you too..." I whisper.

Thomas puts one hand on my thigh and the other on the back of my neck. He kisses me, biting my lip lightly. I smile slightly, loosely wrapping my arms around his neck.

He pulls away for a moment, resting his forehead against mine. He smiles, brushing a few strands of hair from my face.

"Hey, who do you want to invite to the wedding? That's something we haven't really gotten the chance to talk about..." Thomas says.

"I don't know.... James and Abby... my parents..." I think for a bit. "What about your family... I've never met any of them before..."

"That's because they don't really approve of me being gay..." Thomas says awkwardly.

"We should go talk to them..." I suggest. "Even if they don't approve of you they deserve to know that we're getting married..."

Thomas sighs. "Alright..."

"We'll go talk to them tomorrow okay."

Thomas nods.

"Well.... I suppose I should start dinner..." Thomas says.

"Can I help?!" I say, sounding kinda like a five year old.

"...Could you cut up some vegetables?" Thomas asks reluctantly.

"Sure." I say, smiling.

He kisses me quickly. "Why are you so cute?"

"I'm not cute..." I mutter, getting off the couch and taking some carrots out of the fridge.

Thomas smiles, kissing my cheek as he walks by.

I smile, taking out a knife, starting to cut the carrots. I accidentally cut my hand, cussing under my breath.

I stare down at the knife, feeling something myself snap, my anxiety growing.

"I-I have to go do something..." I mutter, dropping the knife and running to our room.

Why... Why now...

I curl up in the corner of our bed, burying my face in our blanket, trying to stop myself from crying.

"Al... Honey what's the matter..." Thomas says softly, knocking on the door.

"Nothing... I-I'm fine..."

Thomas walks into our room and sits on the bed beside me. He wraps his arm around me, kissing my head. "Alex... What's wrong..."

"J-just a mild anxiety attack..." I mutter, laughing awkwardly, tears beginning to run down my cheeks.

"Oh baby... Can I do anything to help..." Thomas says.

I close my eyes. "Just stay with me..." I rest my head on his chest, listening to the beating of his heart, feeling his chest rise and fall with every breath. I let myself smile a bit, enjoying this peace.

"Hey Al..." Thomas says after a while, breaking the silence. "Do you have any idea why this happened..."

I shake my head. "It just happens sometimes..."

"Does it happen often?" He asks.

"Not really... It's never happened when I've been with you though... I always feel safe when I'm with you... I don't know why it's happening now... I-I'm sorry..." I feel tears running down my face again.

"Shhh... It's okay... Deep breaths honey..."

I nod, trying to calm myself down, closing my eyes again. Thomas ran his hand over my head. I smile, looking up at Thomas and wiping the tears from my eyes.

"I love you..." I whisper.

He smiles, kissing me softly. "I love you too..."

Thomas picks me up and sits me on the couch. "Now, you relax. I'll finish dinner." He says.

I nod, letting myself fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to Thomas smiling at me, holding a plate of pasta in either hand.

"What..." I mutter, sitting up.

"Nothing. You're just really cute when you're asleep." He says, sitting beside me, handing me a plate.

I smile tiredly. "Thanks." I say, leaning on Thomas, who puts his arm around me.

"So about inviting people... I was thinking, maybe we could try to get a hold of some of our old friends... y'know James, John... all of them... I feel like it'd be awkward if just our families came. Probably only your family in this case..." Thomas says, looking down at his lap.

"Your family will come Thomas. They have to. And inviting our old friends would be nice. We're going to get a lot of "I thought you two hated each other"'s though." I say with a soft chuckle.

"Oh well." He says, shrugging. "They can say what they want. I love you." He smiles, kissing me.

"I love you more." I whisper, kissing his hand.

"I love you the most."

I laugh awkwardly. "I think that's the cheesiest thing we've done yet."

"Love is love." He says with a smile.