Chapter 23

Alexander's POV

Thomas was allowed out of the hospital after a week or so. He came to live with May and I. I'm with Thomas again and May has just become our roommate. Now I'm becoming the clingy one. I haven't spent a moment away from Thomas since he was allowed home. Thomas has been been a bit jumpy when he's given affection but he's slowly warming up to it again.

I'm sitting in my office writing when Thomas returns home from work (He got his job at the hair salon back) "Alexander! Are you home baby?"

I smile, getting up from my seat and going to Thomas, hugging him tight. "Welcome home. How was work?"

"Pretty good. How's the writing going?"

"4050 some words... I got a bit sidetracked so I'll probably stay up a bit longer to finish..." I trail off seeing Thomas glare at me. He doesn't like when I stay up too late. "Never mind..."

"Good. Because I have plans for tonight." He says kissing my head.

"Oh really? Like what?"

"I'm not telling." He says with a smirk.

"Pleeease?" I say leaning on him awkwardly.

"No. You're just going to have to wait."

"Fine..." I mutter, plopping myself down on the couch.

Thomas sits himself by me, pulling me onto his lap.

"You have no idea how much I missed this." I whisper, nuzzling up to Thomas' chest.

"I missed this too... I missed you..." he whispers, kissing my head.

"You two are so cute." I hear May say softly, walking out of the kitchen with a cup of coffee and a big blanket wrapped around her. May has been acting off since Thomas came back. I feel bad for dumping all this on her so suddenly...

"Thanks May..." I give her a sympathetic smile. "You doing okay... You don't look too good..."

"Hmm...? Oh I'm fine..." she mutters, downing almost all her coffee.

"You don't look fine darlin'." Thomas says.

"No... No. I'm good..." she says.

"May... What's the matter..."

I don't know where the sudden anger comes from but May just seems to snap. "Maybe I'm having a hard time dealing with living with the man I love knowing he doesn't love me anymore because he's fucking married!" She yells, standing up."You never told me about any of this! If you had just told me the truth when we met I wouldn't have grown so attached to you! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Because I needed someone in my life who actually cared about me!" I yell. "When I left I went down this dark path into hell! I cut! I didn't eat! I tried to kill myself! Then you came along... You helped me out of that darkness... You saved my life... and I will be forever grateful for that... Yes. I did grow to love you. But if your husband or wife was in the same situation Thomas was in. If you hadn't seen them for over a year. If he or she came to you starved, beat almost to death. You wouldn't not take them back... I love Thomas. I can't just forget that love... I'm sorry May..." I hesitantly hug her.

I feel May shaking in my arms. Is she crying... I rub her back gently. "I-I'm sorry..." she mutters.

"It's fine... This is a lot to handle. I understand why you're mad..."

"I-I'm not mad... I'm just disappointed... a little depressed... and I guess I am kinda mad... I'm sorry... I just thought you'd be the guy I'd spend the rest of my life with..." she was sobbing at this point. I pulled her closer, sitting with her on the couch with myself.