Chapter 21

Alexander's POV

Before John, Laff and Herc have to go back to Canada they decide they want to drag me to another bar... I swear drinking is all they ever want to do... I guess it's not a bad idea. I need a night to myself, (I say to myself because the three of them always disappear on me) it sounds bad but I need a night away from Thomas. He's been super clingy since the wedding. It's not bad but I really do need some time to myself.

I grab a drink and sit at a table in the back corner of the bar quietly. I can't help but laugh to myself at all the people dancing and drinking.

"Hello sir. Do you mind if I join you?" A tall, dark skinned man (wearing some pretty heavy makeup) asks.

"Oh, of course." I say with a smile. I stare at him for a while. "Do I know you? It's probably the drink talking but I swear I've seen you before."

Thomas' POV

Shit... I sat with Alexander... Oh god what am I going to do...

I smile nervously, "Sorry sir. I'm sure we've never met."

"Really?" He glances down. "That ring... That looks like..." he stares down in shock, looking up at me suddenly "Thomas...?"

"N-no..." I stutter.

Alex grabs my arm, dragging me to the washroom. "Wash that crap off your face now. We're going home." He says, his face flushing with anger.

I do as I'm told, washing off what I can before Alex drags me out and to the car. We drive home in silence. Alex sleeps on the couch downstairs. I sit upstairs in our room, eventually crying myself to sleep.

The next morning I find what Alex is gone... so was all his stuff. Nobody spoke to me that morning. Not even Abbi.

God what have I done...

Alexander's POV

I'm leaving... I'm leaving and I'm not coming back. I got up in the middle of the night leaving notes in my parents and James and Abbi's rooms. For now I'm going to stay in the apartment. Once I have enough to move into another place I'm gone. God how could I have been so stupid.

~~~~a year later~~~~

"Take a break Alexander." May says, rubbing my shoulders.

I met May when I moved out of the old apartment. We've been together for a couple months. She's super sweet and she shares my interest in writing.

"One more page. I'm almost done this chapter." I say, continuing to type.

"Dinner is going to be cold though. Come on we never get to eat together."

I sigh, kissing her cheek. "One more page. Okay. I'll be right out."

"Fine. Will I finally get to read it?" She asks.

"You will if I ever get to finish it."

"Yeah yeah." She says, walking out of the room.

I finish up writing and go out to the dining room to see May speaking with someone at the door. I go up beside her to see who she's speaking with. It was Thomas... how did he find me...

"Alex. Good you're here. I think you have some explaining to do." May says with a slight frown. "This man is your husband?" She says, pointing at Thomas.

"He was... After I left I refused to talk to him..." I say quietly.

"Why didn't you talk to him after that?"

"Because he's a prostitute!" I yell, making both of them jump. "Sorry..." I mumble.

May sighs. "Both of you, I'm going to go out. When I get back this better be fixed. Feel free to eat." She says, pushing Thomas into the room and closing the door behind her as she leaves.

"Alexander I'm so sorry-"

"I don't want to hear it." I cut him off. "How did you find me?"

"I-I asked John..." Thomas says, staring down.

"What do you want?" I say frowning.

"I want you back... I need you back... I can't do this anymore. I love you so much Alexander. I need you in my life. I promise I've stopped with all that bullcrap I did before... I can't do it anymore... I love you I really do."

"I sorry but I can't say the same... I'm actually happy now Thomas. Heck I haven't cut in nearly two months now! I'm happy now! Without you!" I shout. I feel tears come to my eyes. Why am I crying... I don't care about him... "I'm happy... I'm happy..." I mumble over and over.

"Alex... Calm down..." Thomas says, putting his hand on my shoulder, though I quickly hit it away.

"I want you gone Thomas!" I shout.

"Alex..." he goes silent for a bit "One month... Give me one month to prove that I still love you. That you might... maybe still love me..." he says hopefully.

"I'm with May now. I love her more than words can say... I'm sorry Thomas..." I say, feeling a bit of me break with those words. "I-I love her more than I'd ever love you..." Stop lying Alexander...

"Please... All I'm asking for is a month. If I can't convince you by then I'll be out of your life for good."

"One month... That's it..." I mutter.

"Thank you." Thomas says, hugging me. I let it be for a moment before backing away.

"Would you like anything to eat?" I ask.

"No... I should get going. I have somewhere I need to be. But thank you." He says, walking out.

I stand there awkwardly, staring at the door. Did that really just happen...

Thomas' POV

I hope he's not home yet... God what'll he do to me if he finds out I was gone... Awful thoughts begin to run through my mind. He'll beat me... torture me... starve me... I have to get Alex back. I'll have a reason to leave. A reason to live. If I can get Alex back I can leave this disgusting place. Start a new life. I have to do this.

Once I arrived 'home' I unlock the door, sneaking into the house.

"Thomas."

His voice makes me freeze.

"Y-yes sir..." I mutter, staring down.

"Look at me when you speak. Where have you been?"

I look up at him. "I just stepped out for a bit... sir."

"Did I give you permission to?"

"No sir... I'm sorry sir."

"Go make dinner."

"Yes sir." I say, quickly going to the kitchen.

I finish making dinner. "Sir. Dinner is ready." I call.

"Get me a plate. You don't eat tonight."

"But sir... I haven't eaten in nearly a week..."

"Are you arguing with me. You disobeyed me. This is your punishment."

I sigh. "Yes sir." I say softly, plating his food and taking it to him. I sit across from him at the table, staring down at my hands.

"Thomas. You are free to leave."

"Thank you sir." I say, getting up and going to my room. It's not much of a room... There's nothing in it whatsoever. I sit in the corner of the room, staring at the wall. I have to find a way out of here tomorrow... I have to get to Alex. I'll tell him about all of this... I don't want to guilt him into anything but I have to get away from here.