Chapter 18

Thomas' POV

Alexander knocks on the door to my parents house.

We decided that we were going to go invite people personally. We've been driving around, having to call a couple people who've moved to far to reach personally.

My mother, Jane, opens the door just a crack. "H-hello..." she stutters.

"Mom... Come out here, we need to talk..." I say.

She nervously looks around before sneaking out of the house, quietly closing the door behind her.

She walks us down the steps, hugging me tight. "It's been so long Thomas..." she smiles, taking my hands in hers. She places a hand on my cheek. "Look at how handsome you've become..." she tears up.

I smile, tears running down my face. I hug her again.

I glance over at Alexander, who is watching us, a huge smile plastered across his face.

She lets me go. "So..." she says, wiping the tears from her eyes. "Who's this..." she asks, looking over to Alex.

He shakes her hand. "I'm Alexander. Nice to meet you..."

"Jane." My mother says with a smile.

"Mom..." I say awkwardly "Al and I... we're getting married..."

My mother stares at me in shock. Her shock quickly grows into happy crying. She hugs me again.

"Y-you're not mad..." I stutter.

"Of course not. You father on the other hand..."

"Yeah... Is he in an decent state to speak with..." I ask.

"He should be alright..." mother says nervously.

I nod, walking inside, Alex and my Mother following not far behind. I walk to the living room and sit in the couch, across from my father.

"Hello Thomas." he says in a 'I'm not sure if I'm glad to see you' type tone. "What might you be doing here."

"I came here to tell you that I am getting married. This is my fiance Alexander. The wedding is in exactly a week at Monticello." I say, my eyes avoiding his stern graze.

"You are getting married to a man hey... I thought I raised you better than this." He says.

"Raised me better... You're kidding me right? You didn't raise me whatsoever! The moment I came out to you, you threw me out of the house! I was twelve! Do you know how hard that was! You left me with nothing! No money, no where to go, nobody to love me!" I yell.

"Thomas... it's time for us to go..." Alex says, grabbing my arm.

I shake my head, following Alex out to the car. I sit in the driver seat, holding my head in my hands. I begin to cry.

"I-I told you they wouldn't approve..." I stutter.

Alex sits in the passenger seat, sighing. "Maybe if you hadn't have been so rude about it you could've reasoned with him. You got so mad so quickly..."

"Did you even hear what he said!" I snap at him.

"Start the car... I want to go home..." Alex mutters almost inaudibly.

"Alex... I'm sorry..." I say, taking his hand.

He hits my hand away. "I said I want to go..."

I sigh, driving us back home. Alex runs upstairs, leaving me. I head upstairs a few minutes, finding Alex curled up on the couch, crying.

"Alli... Are you alright... I'm so sorry Alex. I shouldn't have gotten mad..." I sit on the couch beside him.

He immediately crawls into my lap, burying his face in my chest. I run my hand over his head. "It's okay..." he mutters. "I-I just want us to be happy... I don't want to be so distant from your family... I'm sure if you actually took the time to talk to them they'd learn to accept you...r-right... I'm sorry... I sound so childish..."

"Some people can't change... Believe me I've tried to talk to him..." I sigh. "I don't really want to talk about this..."

"Alright..." Alex wipes the tears from his cheeks.

I smile, kissing him softly. "I love you very much. I hope you know that."

"I love you too..." Alex says, smiling awkwardly.

~~~~~~~~~

Alex's POV

I came home from school early today. I just wasn't feeling well. I had a headache and I was coughing a lot. Thomas should've just been getting home when I left so I suppose that's good... The last time I got sick Thomas went into what I called 'super mom' mode. He's probably going to do it again.

I walk into the apartment, falling back onto the couch.

"Why are you home so early Al?" Thomas asks.

"I'm not feeling well. I'm pretty sure it's just a cold..." I say, closing my eyes.

"Do you need medicine or anything?" I can hear the concern in his voice.

"I'm fine. I just want to rest..." I mumble.

Thomas grabs a blanket, draping it over me. He kisses my head softly.

I assume that I dozed off because when I opened my eyes again Thomas is kinda just sitting there staring at me.

"Thomas..." I mutter. "What are you doing."

"Staring at your handsome face." He says smiling. "I also made you soup." He says, handing me a bowl.

I sit up, smiling. "Thanks babe." The soup burns my tongue. "Frick! It's hot..."

"Like you." Thomas smirks.

"Watch it. I may cough and spill it on you..." I kiss him quickly. "And now you're sick."

"It's worth it for you." He says, kissing me again.

A/N: I'm sorry it's such a short chapter!!! I tried...