Chapter 20

Alexander's POV

I told Thomas that I was ready. I am mildly regretting that choice now...

"Alex. Alex calm down." John says.

"I can't calm down..." I say, running my hands through my hair, pacing around my room.

"Alex." John grabs my shoulders. "Everything is going to turn out. Okay? Calm down. You love Thomas right?"

I nod.

"And you know he loves you."

I nod again.

"You both want this right?"

I smile. "Yeah..." I say softly.

"Then there's nothing to be worried about." John says with a reassuring smile. "Now let's get you ready. You're a mess."

"Always." I say smiling awkwardly.

"Don't worry, I'm sure Thomas is just as nervous as you are."

Thomas' POV

"Do I look okay James?" I say, straightening my tie for the hundredth time.

"You look great Thomas. You always do."

"But what if Alex doesn't think I look good..."

"I'm sure Alex isn't marrying you for your looks Thomas." James says, smirking. "Let's head downstairs. I need to help with some stuff still."

"Alright..."

We head downstairs, going outside. Everything looks so beautiful... "Thomas!" I hear a familiar voice say.

I turn around, tears immediately coming to my eyes when I see me mother. I run over to her, hugging her tight.

"I-I thought you wouldn't come..." I say.

"I couldn't miss my son's wedding." She says, smiling. "Alexander is a very persuasive young man."

"What do you mean?-" I start, as I see my father walking over.

"Alexander came by a while ago and, I don't know how, but he convinced your father to come." She says.

I smile, running over to hug my father. God I missed being able to do this. He immediately returns the hug, filling me with more joy than I've felt in years.

"Son..." my father starts, letting go "I'm so sorry and... and I'm so proud of you."

Just as I'm about to say something, John runs out of the house. "Everyone take your seats please. You ready Thomas?"

I nod nervously.

I walk to the end of the aisle, tears coming to my eyes when I see Alexander. He looks so handsome... he walked to the end of the aisle with Martha. I take Alexander's trembling hands, giving him a reassuring smile. The rest goes by so quick. We say our vows and pull him into a kiss. I hug him, both of us muttering 'I love you's' and kissing. After a while John comes up to us. "Hey, not to ruin the moment but we're all starving back here so if you'd like to wrap it up that'd be great." He says, smirking and walking away.

Alex turns bright red and I kiss him again quickly before taking his hand and follow everyone back inside to eat. After a while my parents head home and Alexander's parents go to bed. It was getting late and Alex and his friends had more than one too many drinks. I notice that Alexander is the only one talking. The rest of them all look concerned. It takes me a while to notice that they are staring because Alex has his sleeves rolled up and all the scars from him cutting are showing... I quickly pull him aside, rolling his sleeves down.

"Baby... You have to be more careful... They all just saw your scars..." (don't think Thomas is being a bad person! Alex is super self conscious about his cuts and has only ever told Thomas and James about it)

He tears up, realizing what he just did. "Oh god... H-how am I going to explain this to them..."

"How about we go to bed. I'll be there with you to talk to them tomorrow. Okay?"

Alex nods. "Thank you..."

Keeping an arm around him, we go back to the living room. "Hey, I'd like to thank you all for coming today. It means a lot to both of us. But it is getting late so Alexander and I are going to head to bed and I suggest you all should as well." I say with an awkward smile, walking Alex up to our bedroom.

He sits on my lap on our bed, sobbing into my chest. I rub his back gently to help him calm down.

"It's going to be okay Allie. Maybe this is a good thing. If your friends know you'll have more support. And if something were to happen to your brother or I-...." I stop realizing that me talking isn't helping. "Sorry..." I whisper, kissing his head.

"I'm sorry I ruined our wedding day... I should've been paying more attention..." Alex mumbles, looking up at me.

"You don't need to be sorry baby. And don't worry, you didn't ruin anything. I was actually waiting to get to curl up in bed with my incredibly handsome husband." I say, laughing softly.

He smiles awkwardly.

God he's so cute... How did I end up with someone as perfect as him...

"Let's get some rest then..." he says after a while, getting off of me and rummaging through our pile of clothes to find his pyjamas.

I get up, changing out of my suit. I usually sleep in my boxers and it's really hot upstairs so this is going to be one of these times. I walk up behind Alex, wrapping my arms around him as he takes his shirt off, kissing his neck softly and sitting on the bed. He covers his red face with his shirt "Thomas... don't do that..."

"You didn't like that?" I say with a smirk, watching him quickly change into his pyjamas, sitting beside me. "Why do you always hide your beautiful body behind all this clothing?" I ask, kissing his cheek.

"Why do you always show off your beautiful body and only wear boxers?" He responds quickly.

"Because you're the only one I can only wear underwear in front of..." I say laughing and pulling him down onto the bed with me.

I sit up for just a moment to turn off the lamp beside the bed before laying back down, pulling Alexander closer to me. "Goodnight darling." I whisper.

"Night Thomas." He says, resting his head against my chest.

"I love you."