Chapter 19

Alexander's POV

I woke up insanely early this morning to pick up Lafayette, Hercules and John from the airport. I like being early for things but I honestly just wanted something to do to get my mind off of the wedding (I was there two hours before the flight was supposed to land...). I've been so stressed about it. Thomas seems so calm and happy when we talk about it. Then there's me. A stressed out mess on the verge of tears trying not to scream. We've been staying in Monticello for the past week now, getting everything ready. I spent most of the time in our room, away from everything. I feel bad about Thomas having to do everything. Well, almost everything. My parents have been helping out lots too. I've spent hours on end talking to Martha. More like ranting and being stressed but talking nonetheless.

I feel someone grab my shoulders from behind, sending a sharp jolt of fear through my body. I let out a sigh of relief when I see John standing behind me. I stand up, hugging him tight.

"I missed you." I say, letting go.

"I missed you too." John says with a sad laugh. "Wow... You haven't changed a bit hey." He says smirking.

"Rude." I push him lightly. "Where are Lafayette and Hercules? Did you leave them back in Canada?"

After we graduated and I moved to law school, the three of them moved up to Canada. Herc was offered a job there, Laff went because he and Hercules were dating and John kinda just tagged along because he didn't want to be alone.

"No. They're getting our bags. That and Laff sprinted to the bathroom the second we got off the plane. He could've set an Olympic record with that run." John says, laughing to himself.

"Alexander!" I hear a familiar French voice yell.

Laff runs to me, nearly knocking me back into my seat. I return the hug and look back to see Hercules dragging all of their bags behind him. I let go of Laff, going and taking a few bags from Herc, hugging him quickly.

"How've you been?" I ask, dragging one of the suitcases behind me.

"I can't answer that... My emotions have been all over the place." Herc says with a sad chuckle.

"I know how you feel." I say with a sad laugh. "I'm really excited for the wedding but at the same time I'm constantly having anxiety attacks and hiding in the bedroom..."

"You should talk to Thomas then. Laff went through something like that because someone," he glances towards John "told him I was going to propose. He started to get all awkward and anxious around me and he wouldn't talk to me. I felt like he didn't trust me anymore. Don't let Thomas feel that way okay." He says.

I smile slightly, "Alright.."

I drove the three of them back to Monticello just as everyone is waking up. I help Martha make breakfast and we all eat. Later, John, Laff and Herc go out for a bit, as do my parents.

I'm washing dishes in the kitchen when Thomas comes up behind me, poking my sides, making me jump and drop the plate I was washing.

"You suck." I say, flicking water at him.

"You love me~."

"I do. And I hate it." I say, kissing him.

"Wanna have some fun now that we're alone." Thomas says, biting my neck lightly.

"A-actually... I wanted to talk to you..." I say, feeling my face go hot.

"Oh?"

I sigh "I'm scared Thomas... About getting married... I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of commitment. I love you, I really do and I'm really excited but I'm also really scared..."

"Hey, I'm scared too honey. If you aren't ready we can call off the wedding. I'm sure everyone will understand."

"You're not mad..."

"Oh course not. If you're not ready I understand." He kisses me softly.

"Thank you..."

"The wedding is in two days. How about you think about it, and tell me if you're ready or not before then? Is that okay?"

I nod, smiling.

"Now can we go~? Please..." Thomas says, putting his hands on my hips and pulling me closer.

"Of course we can~" I say, going up on my toes to kiss Thomas, who picks me up, carrying me to our room and practically throws me into the bed, climbing on top of me.

~~~~~~~~~~

James and Abby came the day before the wedding. The house was getting quite crowded only adding to my anxiety.

"Hey Allie." James says, sitting with Abby and I. "We have something important to tell you..."

"What is it..." I ask nervously.

"I'm pregnant!" Abby says quickly and happily.

"Really?! Congratulations!" I say excitedly, hugging them.

Abby was almost shaking in excitement making me chuckle.

"Have you told mom and dad yet?" I ask.

"Yeah. Told them a while ago actually..." James says with a nervous laugh.

"Why didn't you tell me then too..." I say, disappointed.

"Because I knew you were going to get all nervous and anxious about the wedding and we wanted to be able to cheer you up?" James says, making up an excuse.

I sigh, smiling. "I'm happy for you two."

"Did you tell him?!" Thomas says, skipping into the room.

"You knew too?!" I say.

"Maybe." Thomas says, wrapping his arms around me. I glare up at him. "What?" He asks. "Abby and I talk a lot and she asked me not to tell you. I don't break promises."

"You are all terrible people... and I love you."

A/N: End of the chapter is once again a short thing that probably won't be relevant (unless I decide to write a second book...) *sigh* sorryyyyyyy....