Chapter 16

A/N: I have given up on third person writing for at least this chapter. I just can't do it anymore. Sorry.

Alexander's POV

The night of the show.

I refuse to talk to Thomas. The entire night is just awkward, tense silence between us. It gets better once the show starts. We aren't supposed to talk then so it's fine...

Near the end of the show Thomas leaves. I don't bother following him. I rest my head in my hands, blocking out the rest of the show.

The cast comes on stage and takes their bows. Before anyone leaves the director of the show comes on stage.

"Can I have everyone's attention please?" He says into the mic, catching my attention.

The once loud theatre went silent again.

"One of our audience members has a very important question for a very special someone." He says with the cheesiest smile. "Thomas?"

I watch in shock as Thomas walks on stage, taking the mic from the director. He sighs softly, "Alexander... I know the past few years have been stressful... Like really bad." He says with a sad laugh, "I wish I could tell you how sorry I am but... I-I really do have something important to ask you... Alexander Hamilton... Will you... marry me?" I feel tears welling in my eyes. A bright light shines on me.

I feel my eyes well with tears. I run to Thomas, jumping in to the stage, hugging him tight. "Yes... Yes Thomas..." I say softly "I-I'm sorry..."

Thomas takes my hand, putting a silver ring in my finger. As he does, I go up to my toes, kissing him. I can hear the crowd cheering as I pull back and the curtains close.

"The fact that you sold yourself isn't forgiven because of this... but... we'll just put it aside for now I suppose... I'm still mad at you." I say.

Thomas smiles, kissing me lightly "You're cute when you're mad."

"Congratulations you two!" Someone says, wrapping their arms around us. It's Angel... or at least the person who plays them.

"T-Thank you..." I stutter. Angel is by far my favourite character. I feel my face go red.

The actor lightly kiss both of my cheeks then turns and does the same with Thomas, hugging him.

"I hope everything goes well with you two. I'd hate to see something this beautiful go to waste." They say with a smile, walking off.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was extremely late when we returned home that night. Neither of us bothered to change. We simply took off our shoes and coats and crawled into bed together. I missed the feeling of Thomas being beside me. I've been sleeping on the couch, away from him for the past couple days. It's really not the same.

Thomas seems to fall asleep quite fast. Where as I just lay there, trying to stay as close to Thomas as I can. I start thinking about how awful I've been to him for the past while... I've yelled at him... one... I've been ignoring him... two... I've told him he's worthless...three... I hate him... four... he's the reason Nina is gone... five...

Without realizing what I'm doing, I get out of bed and go to the kitchen. I take out a knife and start running it down my arm. Once, for every time I've hurt Thomas. I just stand there... cutting... it doesn't even phase me. After at least twenty cuts I drop the knife to the floor, collapsing back onto one of the dining room chairs. I start feeling lightheaded. My arm is almost completely red. My hands start shaking and tears come to my eyes.