Lilith

"Dreams are supposed to be beautiful. . .
If not, they're at least supposed to be . . .  normal.
Most dreams are meant to, I don't know-they're supposed to make you feel like you're sinking into a promised land, your soul splitting from your body and drifting off with the river of the wind only to flutter into a realm that the word beautiful is an insult when describing it. It's supposed to gather your memories and twist them into an image whether it's random or peculiar maybe even angelic, sleep engulfing you into hallucinations and illusions that your eyes wouldn't ever see.

Every night. . . I pray.
I beg. . . and I plead.
I-I . . . pray.
Asking to be delivered with such . . . normality. For my mind to hug me not-wound me.
If I have too, I  think of beauties and imagine angels watching me, singing to me with voices so gentle and warm that it flows like silk, yet in the end it doesn't matter.
Closing my eyes is dangerous and it's menacing.
The moment darkness encroaches my vision, hell is what I fall into. Images of demise and blazing fires blasting in my head like music. Then there are the screams. Yes how can I forget the screams, every single one of them caused because of-me.
I want to yell, I want to get shaken back into reality, to be let go. But instead of all those beautiful desires, I get something worse. I do something worse.
I open my eyes.