Chapter 3

The rest of the school day didn't go as well as I'd hoped.

Hope, I'm surprised I still have it at all.

Stares and whispers is all I received. Not like I'm bothered, since it's something I had to live with ever since I walked into an educational institution.

Suada, Kiora, and Larcelle tried their hardest to draw my mind away from it all.

Fia even stumbled into me and was nice enough to give me a reassuring remark, saying that I'd be okay.

I'm grateful to say that it all worked, but staying focused when they'd speak was nearly impossible because everywhere I went I felt like I was being watched by those dreaded creatures, there were even moments when I'd see a brief glimpse of them but they'd always vanish every time I did a double take.

I'd say I felt scared, and that I was tempted to bury a hole and hide in it for the rest of my life.

I mean I actually did feel that way but I felt like another pair of eyes was watching me too, and these eyes, unlike the others seemed more warm then threatening.

I was relieved when the school day eventually ended, and I was even luckier when Suada, Larcelle and Kiora were nice enough to walk home with me.

Though it's unfortunate that throughout the walk all I ever heard was constant chatter from Kiora rather than silence.

"Honestly the girl is a bitch, I don't even understand how she hasn't even been kicked out of the skating program yet!" She grumbles.

I sigh heavily "Who Kiora?" Kiora eyes me in annoyance.

"Who do you think Lilith?" She retorts.

Suada rolls her eyes.
"It's Belva, Lily" She answers for me.

My brows draw together. "Belva, Belva Connor? Doesn't she. . . go to our school?"

Kiora snorts "So you do know the bitch." She breathes.

I shrug  "Well you talk about her constantly, not to mention she's always your biggest competition in figure skating so I think we have no choice but to know her." I say quietly.

Kiora shakes her head in displeasure "She's more than just competition, Lily. She's a cheater and stuck-up rich ass. She blames me for everything, including what happened to one of her friends."

Larcelle, who was busy looking at her reflection on her compact mirror, shoots Kiora a curious look. "What did you do?"

Kiora glowers at her. "What part of 'blames me for everything' do you not understand? Therefore it means that I didn't do anything and she's lying." She retorts.

"Yeah we know that but the question is what happened?" Suada jumps in.

Kiora shrugs. "Hell if I know, something about me humiliating her by winning a skating challenge that she needed to get first place on."

Kiora shrugs again. "Now she's trying to get revenge on me by planning some shitty plot against me." She scoffs "I'd honestly love to see her try."

Suada adjusts the glasses on her face. "I'm not sure I would because it sounds like we could have a possibility of getting dragged into this and I think I'd like to stay alive to earn my Masters Degree in Neuropsychology thanks."

Larcelle snaps her compact shut and stuffs it into her purse. "Out of all the things in the world that's what you choose to be your reason for staying alive? No living your life to the fullest or perhaps meeting the guy of your dreams?"