Chapter 4

"Do you think she could have been possessed?"

"Kiora!"

"What!? It's just a suggestion!"

Suada glowers at her in disgust, causing Kiora to throw up her hands in a way of surrender.

Multiple scenarios on how my friend's would react to my lie piled and played in my head the moment my words were released and out of all of them, Kiora's reaction was one I did not see coming, I was in fact a bit too astonished to even mutter a word, yet despite my shock I'm sure my facial expression told another story.

Hurt, maybe was what marked my face. Larcelle, who was relentless in my eyes when I tried dismissing the topic, instantly softens when she hears my words, and backed down like I had hoped.

Remorse, dulling her eyes. Suada's reaction was identical to Larcelle's. "Oh." Was what she'd whispered.

They didn't force me to go on after that, but Kiora who seemed more interested then saddened wouldn't drop the discussion, saying how me seeing my dead mother was a paranormal phenomenon and that something out there must have caused it.

The topic didn't fail to make me feel uncomfortable.

Larcelle stood by me, closer than before, probably to make sure I don't do anything stupid or self-harming.

Suada on the other hand was busy contradicting all the ridiculous assumptions that Kiora had about the Supernatural.

"Okay can someone please tell me how we went from Figure Skating problems to Ghostly phenomenons?" Larcelle eventually interrupts.

Suada breathes heavily through her nose. "Try the moment when Kiora started talking about the last horror movie she'd seen last week." She mutters. "What was it again, The Grudge?"

Kiora rolls her eyes. "If it makes any of you feel any better the move was a piece of crap."

"Who knew." Suada says, sarcasm dripping from her tone. Kiora scoffs before shooting Suada a bitter look.

"Alright fine, you guys want to hear something realistic?"

Suada throws her hands in the air in a way of gratitude "Ah finally, a topic that doesn't make you sound deranged!" She cries.

I feel a bit frightened for Suada when I see Kiora's nostrils start to flare but she surprises me when she instead ignores her rather than ripping Suada's glasses off her face only to crush them.

"Don't get too comfortable Sue, because when I say realistic I mean things that have been going on quite recently."

Again Larcelle shoots Kiora a curious look, "Uh. . . Should we be worried?"

"4186 , Emery Boulevard NW. Sound familiar?"

I don't know why, but that address succeeded in grabbing ahold of my attention.

It was obvious that I wasn't the only one, because once it's said Suada's face instantly loses color.

Larcelle was the only one who seemed oblivious to the name. "No. . ." She says, her brows drawing together when she notices Suada and I's sudden attention on Kiora.

"It's just a house." Suada rushes in, her tone on edge. "That's all" Kiora rolls her eyes.

"Not even close."

"Are you seriously bringing that topic into play Kiora?" Suada cuts in.

She shrugs "It's realistic isn't it?"