Chapter 9

"Foolish Child.

Why would you do that Lilith?

Why?"

Through experience, whenever I were to hear a voice that I very well knew, did not belong to me, I'm tempted to keep my eyes shut , no matter the reason, always brawling against the will to open them even if it was just one eyelid that I wanted to tear open.

I fail instantly when I realise the voice belonged to the Woman in Black.

    Wherever I was, I was quick to figure out that I was no longer on my bed,

no longer in my room, again it was too obvious.

What was supposed to be my mattress, warm and soft, was now cold, dry and prickly, giving me the assumption that whatever replaced my bed must have thorns, or maybe something less harsh, because of the amount of times I felt a faint object jabbing into my sides.

The air felt bitterly cold, biting every inch of my skin up until the point that I began longing for my blanket again.

My thoughts curse at me as I slowly open my eyes, that I knew I wouldn't be able to shut again.

When I do, like always, the first thing I see is darkness before my surroundings eventually started to clear, but nonetheless I could barely make out where I was because of the fog that seemed to be swarming around the place.

Wait.

Fog?

I try my best to turn my head more to the side in order to have a better view to try and see through the thick mist but because I was paralyzed from muscle down to up it was almost like pushing a brick wall. It's when I try shifting again when I end up catching a glimpse of what looked like a tombstone.

A tombstone. . . .

I suck in a breath, attempt it more like, but it almost felt like a challenge because it felt like something were sitting on my lungs.

I force my eyes to keep viewing my surroundings, the blueish moonlight that poured from above sneaking into my peripheral vision.

It's when I see a dozen more tombstones that I lock into my typical mode of denial.

Good God please tell me this place isn't what I thought it is?

I shiver when I feel another cold breeze brush over my skin, grateful that I was already curled up in a ball,

my nerves jumping when I hear what sounded like an owl, before a dozen bats swoop down from a demented tree with twisted branches that I notice standing nearby, all of them circling above my head before flapping elsewhere.

I swear why couldn't it have been the bathroom?

"Lilith. Why?"

My teeth start to chatter when I hear the voice of the woman in black once again, my heart thumping against my ribcage. I bring myself to drift up my eyes to where her soothing vocals were coming from.

I barely had to look far.

Like in the tub, the woman stood before me, her beauty seeming to be more extravagant than when I'd last seen her.

Her figure was slender and svelte, her body showing no sign of being torn into two like what had happened in the bathroom chamber.

Her gaze rests down on me in almost a way of disappointment, a faraway look casted in her eyes.