Chapter 11

Everything that happened next was an absolute blur.

Too blurry.

It all happened almost too quickly for me to process.          

It felt as though an invisible hand that had burst out from midair and shoved itself into my body only to grab all the air out of me when I detected the push on my shoulder.

I sucked in a giant breath, my eyes widening before the world fell in front of me.

I nearly cringe when I felt the hard force of the ground bash against my side,

my eyes tightening shut in order to try and hold back the scream that was dangerously close to ripping out of my mouth.

"Lily!"

To my relief I was able to recognize that it was Larcelle that was speaking,

but for a short moment it almost sounded muffled because of the ringing that blared in my ears.

I blink rapidly like a dying flashlight would flicker, when red continues to smear all over my vision, shading the floor, the ceiling, practically everything around me the same colour,

my heart racing when I catch glimpses of the young girl,

and God I'd be lying if I said I was near close to shrieking when I thought I saw her standing above me.

I try to flatten my palms on the ground in order to get myself back onto my feet, or better,

scramble away from that godforsaken apparition, hallucination or not,

yet I end up disappointing myself  by failing to even stabilize my shaking arms.

All I could do was imagine how weak I looked.

"What the fuck you two!"

The ringing dulls when I'm again greeted with the sound of her voice, my heart jumping when I suddenly feel a hand clasp around my arm.

I instantly look away when I realise it's Larcelle, afraid that she'd notice the abnormality of my eyes,

I try my best to balance myself on my legs when I feel her start to tear me away from the ground, my other hand gripping tightly on her arm for support.

My blood boils when I hear the sound of snickering that sounded a lot like a group of boys that I've probably run into before and no doubt was relishing in this moment. 

I squeeze my lids tighter together when the sharpness of my headache takes the joy to join the excitement of inflicting me.

"What part of get your friends under control do you not understand Xavier!?"

The anger in that tone made it too easy for me to tell that it was Kiora speaking now,

the sound of her feet thundering towards us echoing throughout the gym.

Just hearing it all, without a doubt made me realise that we've caused a commotion.

"I didn't tell them to do anything." A shiver tackles my spine when I hear Xavier's low voice, that sounded too much a growl to me.

"Yeah, uh huh, and why don't I believe that?"

Larcelle must have held little concern to what was going on around us because she starts whispering under her breath.

"Lily."

I hiss in pain when I'm met with another twinge from my headache when I try to open my eyes, red blurring my vision.