Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Hermione’ POV

I walked to the chambers of my new House, feeling more relieved, relaxed, and controlled than I had in a long time. A smile was plastered on my face. Harry did always know how to lift my spirits and it felt so much better to tell him what happened to me, about what I’m going through, and  how much I need his help and his friendship to keep me sane.

He promised me that he would try to help me as best as he could and that he would be there for me as much as he can. He also promised me, after some pressuring, that he would not tell Ginny anything unless I wished otherwise. I knew it was hard for him to lie to her and I knew it was a bit selfish to make him do that, but I didn’t want anybody else to know, I didn’t want people to treat me differently.

I walked into the chambers and saw it filled with a few Slytherin’s. They all stopped what they were doing and turned to look, or rather stare, at me. The smile I had on earlier gone, I ignored them and sat down on the couch in front of the fireplace, staring into the orangey red flames.

“So Granger, how does it feel coming to the dark side?” Asked a voice.

Instead of ignoring the person, I turned to my right and saw a familiar silhouette. I looked at Theodore Nott, the boy who along with Malfoy had endlessly harassed me and teased me throughout the years. In the dim light of the common room his features seemed more defined his eyes more intense and menacing.  You could see the mischievous glint sparkle in his iris’.

Assessing whether or not he was worth my time, I decided that he wasn’t. I gave him a bored look and turned my attention back on the flames.

“The insufferable know-it-all doesn’t speak?” Theodore asked, pretending to be shocked. A few laughed in the background.

I ignore him still, not letting him crawl under my skin and create a spark that will ignite my entire being. He doesn’t know how dangerous I’ve become, he doesn’t know that I’m a pureblood, he doesn’t know that I’m not Hermione Granger. It also helps me some that most of my energy and anger for the day, had been drained from me after my spectacular entrance and talk with Harry. I could only be so angry for so long, right?

I felt him sit next to me, too close for comfort and I forced every fiber of my being to not move away. I wasn’t weak and I especially wouldn’t let someone like Theodore Nott think that of me.

“Oh Granger, just speak. I know you have some witty comeback after all. I do have to say however that your entrance was remarkable.” He says, chuckling to himself. “And what you did to Weasley was just hilarious, if i didn't know any better i would actually say you belong in this house.”

Yet I still ignore him.  He’s not worth my time or my powers. I think I hear him mutter a curse under his breath but I continue to refuse acknowledging him.  

However I had to agree with him, my entrance was something else. I didn’t know what had come over me. It was like I turned into an entire different person when I saw Ron lean over and kiss Lavender. I felt at ease with my powers, more controlled than I thought I would’ve. But then again I wasn’t acting myself. The old Hermione would’ve never disrespected Headmistress McGonagall like that, the old Hermione would’ve never disobeyed orders, would’ve never kissed Ron in front of everyone like that, would’ve never been so…heartless and cruel.

“Draco, don’t you find this…odd? You think her brain finally burst like we said it would? If so where’s my ten gallons?” Theodore asks aloud.

My eyes instantly flicker to the blond hair, steel gray eyed boy. He looks different. How? I didn’t know. His eyes are more lifeless, bored even. Bags are under them and are dark, like he hadn’t slept for days. His sneer that he usually gives me is now replaced with a tight pursing of the mouth, making his lips a straight line. His eyes which used to look at me with disgust and hatred are instead tired and…curious?  But I can see as I always have that he’s hiding something, something that he himself doesn’t even know about.