Chapter 24

wow its been like TWO WEEKS since my last  update! i feel terrible but i hope this chapter will make up for everything!! Also you can all thank Taylor Swift and her album "Speak Now", because i was listening to the entire cd as i wrote this, it kind of inspired me in a way i guess. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Orangey red flames engulfed the Slytherin common room fireplace. Theodore sat down on the leather sofa reading a tattered book, his eyes growing sleepy. Curled up on his lap was Hermione as she snuggled her head into his chest and wrapped her arms around his waist. She was fast asleep and her warm breath involuntarily sent shivers through Theodore’s body.

He held her in one arm and held his book in the other. His chin rested on her head as his eyes focused on the words creating a movie in his mind. He struggled to pay attention to the story unraveling before him when he could feel the beat of Hermione’s heart so close to him.

Outside of their bubble of warmth, the snow fell lightly while the sun was still high in the sky. Yet the frigid coldness of the wind and cold climate had everyone else safely indoors. However, some brave bodies faced the wrath of the snow and made a game of it all. Hogsmeade village was full to the brim with the remaining Hogwarts students who were trying to make the most of the day before they had to say farewell to their friends for the winter break.

Draco Malfoy sat in the back of the Broomstick Inn, sipping a Butterbeer. Across from him was Pansy and Blaise who were being much too lovey-dovey for his taste. He had a scrawl on his face and looked at the people around the room. There was a loud buzz of chatter, yet he blocked it out, searching for something, someone, but was disappointed when he did not find what he was looking for.

He turned his glare to the blurs of people and faces to his half-empty Butterbeer. He felt somewhat numb and resigned. All he really wanted to do at the moment was to go and find the only face he wanted to see, the only eyes he wanted to gaze in, and the only lips he wanted to kiss.

Someone pushed him down the booth. He turned to snap at the person but held his tongue when he saw that it was only Tracey. She smiled kindly at him and he noticed a few boys gazing at her longily. He wished to roll his eyes but decided on just ignoring her. He was growing tired of Hogsmeade and wanted to leave. However, where was he going to go? To find Hermione? He wanted to laugh aloud at that thought.

She hated him; he had seen it in her eyes. He had hurt her. There was nothing that he could do. He knew nothing he would say would make her forgive him. Why should she? Yet again, he did not know why she would be mad at him. He was the one that had been hurt and rejected. It was he, not her who had crumbled from the rejection.

“Are you two going to Drake’s Christmas ball?” Tracey asked the lovesick couple who had only recently revealed that they had begun dating.

Pansy and Blaise tore their gazes off one another and on Tracey. Pansy held back an eye roll. Of course, she was going to go, did Tracey need to bother to ask and ruin the moment between both her and Blaise?

“Yes, Blaise and I were the first two invited,” Pansy hissed.

She liked Tracey, she honestly did. Tracey was one of her only girlfriends but it was just she didn’t like Tracey being with Draco. For whatever reason, it did not sit well with her. Pansy, believe it or not, wanted Draco to be with Hermione. The way they looked at each other… Those two drove her insane and sometimes she honestly just wanted to lock them in a closet for a few days so that they could get over whatever they were fighting about this time and make up. Really, they were giving her a headache. Now with Tracey hanging around Draco, everything seemed to be getting more and more complicated.