Chapter 11

Pic to the side is of Theodore Nott!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>

In the Great Hall…

Same Day

Everyone looked at Ronald Weasley as if he were mental and a bit off his rocker. Dean Thomas was appalled at what Ron had done to Hermione. He had never, not even once, seen him treat Hermione like that. Seamus Finnigan stared at Ron with confused eyes, but the bruises he saw on Hermione’s arm were predominant in his mind’s eye. He felt sickened that his friend would do that to her. Neville Longbottom couldn’t feel angrier at what Ron had done, Hermione had always protected and stood up for him, and he felt he should return the favor. Ginny Weasley glared at her brother too disgusted, sickened, and furious to say a word. All she could do was show her emotions through her eyes. Harry Potter couldn’t help but feel protective of Hermione who had always been a sister to him, he was angry at his best friend Ron, but he too was at lost for words at what he just seen.

“I can’t believe you did that to her Ron.” Neville finally said, aghast.

Ronald Weasley just stood there looking after Hermione and Theodore Nott as they left the Great Hall. He turned his attention towards his friends, feeling small under their accusing gazes. He didn’t know he had done that to her, didn’t know he had hurt her that badly, he didn’t know and now he felt sickened with himself. He took the seat that Hermione had been sitting on and stared blankly at an empty plate, not even food could help him feel better. His brain was fuzzy and he couldn’t really think clearly about what he did. All he knew was that he felt horrible.

“Your head is full of Wrackspurt’s Ron.” Luna said as she stared at him through her Spectrespecs, that she so conveniently had tucked away in her robe pockets.

Ron just nodded his head trying to clear away the odd fuzziness within his mind. Everyone else however was at loss for words. However Ginny Weasley remembering that her mother had sent Ron a letter grudgingly gave it to him without a word. Ron seeing the envelope in his face grabbed it. Upon seeing who it was from was a bit apprehensive. Sitting up straight he slowly opened the letter and instantly his mother’s lips popped out of them and turned on him.

“RONALD WEASLEY! When you get home you are in big trouble young man! How dare you make not only yourself but your father and me the laughing stock of the wizarding world?! Have you no respect? And didn’t your father and I raise you better than that? You should know better than to assault a girl and Hermione at that! You are grounded from this point on Ronald and no dessert! I want you to come home at once; I already made the adjustments with Professor McGonagall. Now march your bum to her office!” And with those words disappeared in a small puff, everyone in the Great Hall having heard her. Ron just sat there shocked and without a second longer got up and marched his butt up to McGonagall’s office. Knowing that if he didn’t he would have a whole lot more to deal with when he got home and he was already frightened enough by his mother’s fury, he didn’t want to make her anymore angry.

Harry Potter stared after his best friend as he walked out of the Great Hall.

“I reckon mum will starve him.” Ginny said jokingly, trying to lighten the mood. Dean and Seamus laughed as they too continued eating.

“What’ll you think happen to him?” Seamus asked.

“Hopefully he’ll get a life sentencing in his room,” Ginny replied. She was so astonished at the bruises she saw on her best friends arm. She knew that Ron had hurt her last night but she didn’t know that he hurt her that severely. “Do you think we should go check on Hermione?”