Chapter 7

Im really am just too nice another chapter uploaded in one day?!?!  you guys and you awesome comments make me want to upload the chapters i have! lol

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 7

Hermione’s POV

I finished the melody with a final breath and slowly opened my eyes, already knowing that he left. I look at the spot in which Malfoy stood and see that I was correct. Strangely I feel a soft pang in my heart, but it was gone as fast as it came. I shook my head wondering what just happened. Was I actually decent to Malfoy and vice versa?

“You saw what I saw right Aime?” I ask my snake, trying to make sense of things.

“Saw what Mistress?” Aime replies. I shake my head, clearing my thoughts.

“Nothing,” I tell him.

I continue to stare at the spot where I last saw Malfoy standing, remembering his expression. His eyes were distant and glazed over in a way, yet they still managed to shine with something, what it was I didn’t know. His face was emotionless, his stance rigid and unmoving. He seemed pained and awed the conflicting emotions in his eyes. His hands were in tight fists, his knuckles turning white at its tight hold. His breathing was heavy.

“Mistress, what is wrong?” Aime asks me snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Nothing,” I tell him once more, not wanting to worry him. “C’mon lets go, I’m sure Terence can catch up to me later.”

“Yes, Mistress.”

And with that I leave the Chambers, my beautiful albino king cobra snake slithering after me.

**
“Hermione!” A cheerful voice shouts my name and before I have time to respond, I’m crushed into a hug.

“Hi Ginny, nice to see you too.” I tell her as she pulls away both of us laughing.

I see Harry only a few feet behind her. I take a step back so I can take a good look at them both and smile at their matching costumes. Harry wore what looked to be a prince charming outfit with Ginny being his Cinderella; I can’t help but gush at them. I always knew they would end up together.

I still remember Ginny obsessing over Harry when we were younger and how a few years back she also dated Dean Thomas to make him jealous. But Harry being completely oblivious to girls, didn’t even see that Ginny liked him. I was just glad that they were finally together for once and all, at least they were happy.

“You two are adorable!” I gush.

Harry blushes looking away while Ginny just beams holding onto Harry’s hand.

“I swore I was going to need a potion to get him into this outfit. But I got him to put it on in his own free will.” She tells me, her eyes wide with excitement and her face red with her high energy. “And Hermione you look beautiful! What are you supposed to be and what is tha-ahh!”

Ginny screams, practically jumping into Harry’s arms. I peer down to where she was looking and see Aime staring at her oddly. I look back at Ginny’s terrified face and see Harry trying to comfort her. Guilt quickly spreads through me. I had completely forgotten how scared Ginny was of snakes after the Chamber of Secrets, the Basilisk, and her part in it.

“I’m sorry Ginny, he’s harmless. I forgot I’m sorry.” I try to comfort her standing in front of Aime so Ginny won’t have to see him.

Tears are streaming down her face and I can feel myself panicking in the inside. What did I do? Harry gives me a “help-me” look. I turn around and kneel in front of my snake.

“I’m sorry Aime I forgot Ginny was afraid. Do you think that you can hide yourself?” I ask him softly so that no one can hear me speak Parseltongue.

“Yes, Mistress” He replies. “I’ll appear if you need me.”

And with those words he slithered away, scaring some other people as he moved passed them. However as soon as he’s out of sight most have already forgotten him. I stand back up and look back at Ginny and Harry. Thankful that Harry was able to calm her down.

“I’m sorry Ginny, honestly I am.” I tell her, apologizing some more.

She manages a small smile at me and still clutches Harry like he’s her life line. Harry rubs her back and whispers sweet nothings in her ear.

“Well I guess you know what I am now.” I say halfheartedly.

When she gives me a confused stare I chuckle. Harry does too because being raised in the muggle world he knew what I was.

“I’m a snake charmer.” I tell her with a smile. I spread my arms open to show off my entire outfit.
“You can charm me anytime.” A boy who I recognize as Cormac Mclaggen calls out to me.
I look in his direction and see him wink at me and turn away. I look back at Harry and Ginny feeling slightly nauseated. My expression must be a shocked and pained one because both Ginny and Harry laugh at my embarrassment.

“Maybe I shouldn’t have put on this costume.” I say to no one specific.

“Who got it for you?” Ginny asks me seeming to be back to her old self.

I sigh.

“My mum of course.” I say, remembering when I opened the package in my room and saw this outfit. The card in the box only saying: I thought you might like this for your ball. Love mum.

“Well I believe your mum has exquisite taste.” A friendly voice says, someone taking my right hand and kissing it.

I turn towards the person and see Terence in a black tux, Slytherin green tie, and fedora. I almost have to ask him what he is when I see a gun in his hand, I raise an eyebrow. Was he supposed to be someone from the Mafia or something?

“It’s fake I swear, it just makes the gun sounds.” Terence says dropping my hand and instead putting both his hands up in mock surrender. I laugh at that.

Terence greets Harry and Ginny and both turn to look at me with an odd expression.

“I guess we’ll catch you inside Hermione.” Ginny says.

“Save me a seat?” I ask her. She smiles and nods her head. Harry and Ginny wave goodbye and disappear into the Great Hall.

Once they’re out of view I turn my attention to Terence.

“So what are you supposed to be Terence?” I ask him.

He looks away slightly embarrassed.

“You have to promise me you won’t tell anyone, especially Draco.” He says looking at me with panicked eyes; I nod my head to agree. “Well I sort of have a tiny liking to the muggle show Godfather.”

I couldn’t help but snicker at that. It just didn’t seem…well, he didn’t seem to be like one of those guys who liked muggle shows let alone watched them. It was mind boggling, really it was.

“It’s not that funny.” Terence says pouting. However his expression makes me laugh harder, because it was funny. Where would he even have the time to watch a muggle show? Did he own a TV?

“I’m sorry Terence honestly, but really a muggle show?” I ask him.

“Yes, well during the summer my family and I took a trip to muggle London and I discovered the uses of a device called a television.”

That sends me into a whole other fit of hysteria. Sometimes I was glad I grew up as a Mudblood, that I grew up in the muggle world. While the wizarding world had always fascinated me, the muggle world was also just as interesting, especially with its growing technology. Now that I thought about it I didn’t know what I would do without my IPod and other muggle devices. And being in America for over five months didn’t help with my growing obsession with muggle things.

“Oh won-won, you’re so cute!” I hear a shrilly voice say interrupting my laughter and instantly ruining my good mood, a fire burning in the bit of my stomach.

I look over to the sound almost absentmindedly and feel my heart be further stomped on as Lavender hugs a familiar red head. His back is to me. Lavender sends me a glare as she looks over his shoulder, pulling back from her hug and planting a kiss on his lips that I missed, she then started to practically snog him in front of everyone.

I can feel the stares on me, looking back and forth between Ron and I. I automatically ball my hands into fists, my palms only stinging a bit from the grip, thankful that I had healed my previous wounds. I can feel the fire within me grow with every second.

As if feeling my burning stare at the back of his head, Ron slowly pulls away from Lavender and turns to look behind him. His blue eyes that I had so deeply fell in love with, penetrated mine. A look of guilt and shock crossed his features.

“Her-”He starts to say, but before he can finish his first words I spin around and head into the Great Hall, only vaguely aware that Terence is following behind me.

I make my way towards the Slytherin side of the room, glad that the Great Hall is dimly lit and has Halloween decorations in every place you can imagine. On the ceiling, on the round tables, which replaced the regular ones during supper, in the corners, on the walls, everywhere, they were everywhere. And for some reason all of it just added to my growing dark mood and hunger for revenge, for some sort of justice on my behalf. Betrayed was all I felt besides my growing hatred and rage.

Why would Ron do this to me? Is the first question I ask myself, the same one I’ve been asking myself for the last few hours, or more likely for the last month. After everything we’ve been through, after all the pain, death, and heartache. After everything! And he was just going to toss me aside as if I meant nothing to him? Why would he betray me like that? Did he enjoy tormenting me? Did he enjoy torturing me? Did he enjoy seeing me in pain?