Chapter 12

I really do love this chapter! i also want to say i know technically the correct time is 1998 but haha lets just pretend that its 2012 also bc dang it i already screwed up earlier with the dang itouch i mean they didnt even exist in 1998 so please just ignore those types of things, damn i screwed it up lol. oh wells to late to turn back i'll edit it when i finish this entire story so meanwhile please bear with me i know i know im horrible. anywho read on.

____________________________________________________________________

Same Night

The corridors…

Hermione walked side by side next to Terence Higgs. The only sound in the dimly lit corridor was their footsteps which seemed to echo throughout the school grounds. They were roaming the school halls to make sure that students were in their common rooms and not doing anything they weren’t supposed to be.

Terence stole a side glance at Hermione and couldn’t begin to imagine how he had never noticed her before, she was beautiful. She seemed to radiate a light around her and was easily spotted in a room full of people. He had always known her as a book worm and best friends of Harry Potter but he never really knew her.  She was a Gryffindor and he a Slytherin, but now things were different, she was different. Even a bit more intimidating if he dared to admit.

Hermione continued to walk not even paying attention to the tall boy with sandy blonde hair and bright blue eyes next to her, her thoughts were in a jumble and she had the dire need to speak to Harry.

As they ascended the steps of the Gryffindor tower, Hermione stopped in front of the portrait of the Fat Lady, who stood looking at herself in the hand mirror that she held.

“Do you mind Terence if I go and speak to Harry for a bit?” Hermione asked Terence, knowing that she didn’t need his permission but it was a common courtesy.

“I’ll wait out here,” Terence replied knowing that she probably needed some time with her best friend.

Hermione gave him a small thankful smile, turned towards the Fat Lady, said the password softly, and entered the Gryffindor common room as the portrait swung open. The portrait swung close with a thud and everyone who was still awake in the common room turned towards her. Many eyes opened wide and jaws went slack. However Hermione continued to scan the room until her eyes fell on a familiar dark haired figure with specs on his face.

Harry caught sight of Hermione and smiled. She came towards him and sat next to him on the couch he was sitting on. Harry closed the book he was reading, pushed it to the side, and pushed his glasses further up his face. Hermione smiled at him and peered down at the book he had and was honestly surprised to see that it was a famous muggle book called Hunger Games.  She giggled at that.

“What?” Harry asked her confused, looking down at himself not seeing anything wrong.

“Nothing, I just didn’t think you were into those types of muggle books Harry,” She told him honestly.

He grinned at her. Hermione then glanced around and saw that everyone went back to what they were doing and seemed to have forgotten they were there. Harry noticed this too and spoke softly to Hermione just in case.