Chapter 14

In the control room Lowery checked the computers. Claire came up behind him frantically. Worried about the kids stuck in the gyrosphere.

     "Are there any Gyrospheres left in the Valley?"

     "No, they're all accounted for. It's my job." He pointed to the computer to show the gyrostation and all the gyrospheres are back in their holding areas. "What? There's one in the field." One of the spheres goes red and he pointed to it. Lowery shook his head, he didn't understand why one was out there still.

     "Send a team of rangers, bring them in." Claire went over to Vivian.

     "Security, we need a search and rescue in the Valley."

     "It's gonna be a while. We've got our hands full out here," the search team responded immediately. Claire grabbed hold of the ear piece and put it to her ear, speaking rushed.

     "No. No. No. No. No, there are two guests and an employee missing! You need to make this your top priority!"

     "Just do it, man," Lowery talked to the man shaking his head. Knowing not to mess with Claire on this one.

     "There's a lot of guests missing. We're doing the best we can," the search team responded.

     "Okay. Fine. I'll do it myself." She slammed the ear piece down and started to walk away. She saw on the screen that Owen had his hands up, talking to one of the security guards.

     "Do you think I'm the one you need to be worried about right now? Back off!" Claire breathed out as she rushed out of the room.

-

     Marlo started losing feeling in her arm as it was trapped behind Gray's body from where she wrapped her arm around him. Zach continued to move along watching the dinosaurs. Marlo looked ahead of them and noticed the same thing Zach did.

     "What happened here?"

     Marlo shrugged and looked towards the opened gates leading into a more dense area of the jungle. The sign on the opened gate read 'RESTRICTED AREA' with yellow and black warning lines. Marlo looked around, surely someone would have closed this or kept it locked if it was restricted.

     "Zach, I swear to god if you even-" Marlo started, but Zach cut her off.

     "Dude. Off-road." Zach looked to Gray.

     "Are you purposely ignoring me now?"

     "Yep."

     "Why?"

     "I saw what you did earlier."

     "When?"

     "In the line."

     Marlo furrowed her eyebrows. He was talking about the fist bump. "Oh, come on, Zach! Why don't you take your own advice and grow up. So what if I fist bumped Gray? Can you just turn back, maybe listen to the warnings we were given earlier?"

     "I could."

     "Thank you." Marlo sighed.

     "But I'm not gonna."

     "Are you kidding me?"

     "Nope."

     "But they told us to go back," Gray cut in before Marlo can make another comment. Zach tuts and looked forward, his right knee moving as he came up with a lie. Clearly just wanting to see what was in the restricted area. Some part of Marlo wanted to know what was down there as well.