Chapter 17

Back by the Innovation Centre, the plaza was flooded with a mass of people crowding around. No one knew the extent of what was happening inside the park, most people where thinking of the worst thing imaginable, they weren't far off from the truth.

     Inside the control room the screen showed the map of the park, multiple red dots, some with ripples and warning signs in red triangles with exclamation marks. The Western Ridge in sector five in the restricted area was clear. But closer towards the middle there were a couple of dots moving around.

     Pink dots were scattered across the sectors. Sectors six, four and two were mainly clear apart from one or two pink dots. Down near sector three there was a mass of red dots, showing the body count of the guests. A clear circle from where the Mosasaurus Lagoon was surrounded in a puddle of red. Near the bottom of the screen the evacuation symbol flashed.

     "Every time this thing kills, it moves further south. It's headed right for the park," Lowery informed everyone.

     "Why would she come here?" Masrani asked, staring at the control screen in front of them.

     "She can sense thermal radiation." Vivian looked back up to the main screen. "Our emergency measures just put all the warm bodies in one place." She shook her head, her voice never wavering.

     Hoskins exited the elevator as the doors screeched open. His I.D badge already in hand.

     "Sir..." One of the guards went to stop him. Hoskins held up his badge, never looking at the guard as he strolled into the room.

     "InGen." Masrani looked back, hearing the quick conversation between the two of them. "Hoskins." He lifted his I.D to Masrani.

     Masrani pushed himself up into a straight posture, his eyes never leaving Hoskins, Vivian and Lowery turned to look back at him as well. "I know who you are."

     "Then you know why I'm here." He walked down the stairs towards the three of them. "I've been working for two years on an application for those Raptors." Masrani stood in front of him, his head lifted up as he listened to Hoskins. "They can hunt and kill that creature." He never looked away from Masrani as he pointed to a general area of the wall indicating the outside.

     "But your program was to test their intelligence." Masrani looked at him almost unsure of what to make of him.

     "Yeah, it was. And we did." He looked to the ground, shifting his weight from one leg to another, his hands on his hips. "And in the process we learned something." He looked back up to Masrani, stepping closer. "They follow orders." He nodded his head at Masrani. "You see, the solution to your crisis is standing right in front of you." He stood up straighter, almost proud of himself.

     "Let me be as clear as I can," Masrani started, Hoskins nodded slightly. "No Velociraptors are going to be set loose on this island."

     Hoskins chuckled and looked away. "Shit." He walked away from Masrani. "You're out of your mind!" He pointed at Masrani, still forcing a chuckle out. He then pointed to the main screen. "What are you going to do with all these people?" He glanced at Masrani before continuing. "You got 20,000 people here. What are you going to do?" He put his hands back on his hips. "They have no place to go." He pointed, once more, to the screen. "That thing is a killing machine!" He stared at Masrani, lowering his hand as he got closer. "And it will not stop." Lowery looked from the screen towards Hoskins, Vivian glaring at the man.

     "Okay," Masrani started in a monotone voice. "I intend to personally look into your project to determine its viability within the moral principles of this company."